Author Topic: One step forward  (Read 918 times)

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
One step forward
« on: December 06, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
As posted a few weeks ago I recently acquired a 76 cb750f supersport. I have just fit new coils. caps, plugs, points, condensers, stripped the carbs and ultrasonic cleaned. Rebuilt and run on a fuel bottle, now seems to run sweet just needs a chance to get it on the road to test. So today I thought I would clean out the tank as there was a bit of crap and rust in it. Put a few nuts and bolts in it and gave it a good shake. Drained it and flushed it out with clean fuel. Put it back on the bike and filled with fuel only to find out it now has a pin prick hole in it. So the tank is back off and drained the hole cleaned up and I will solder it up  sometime shortly.
Question   When it is soldered  should I use something like POR15 tank sealer or wait and see if anymore holes develop.

Cheers Chris.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: One step forward
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »
You're always going to have more holes appearing because the bottom of the tank is as thin as foil,  the other problem is the rust that will block the fuel filter.  I suggest soldering as many holes as you can then seal the tank.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: One step forward
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 04:25:47 PM »
Soldered the tank this morning and took the bike for a run 50mls it now runs great at any speed throughout the rev range, smooth as silk, well happy. ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal