Author Topic: Show and Tell - my newly repainted tank and panels  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Show and Tell - my newly repainted tank and panels
« on: December 28, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »
Really pleased with the finish I just wanted to show them off.

And if it wasn't for this site I would never have found Menno! So a big thank you!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Show and Tell - my newly repainted tank and panels
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:49:21 AM »
He certainly has made a really nice job of them, got any pics of how it looked before sending them?

Sent from my X5 using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:52:30 AM »
The first three pictures are how they came with the bike
I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 08:22:16 AM »
Sorry, problem of using a phone instead of a computer!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 09:54:11 AM »
If you are allowed to say, what does Menno charge the a job like that?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:19:33 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
Looking good ... I still need to get mine to Menno. Is that Candy Jet Green or Candy Jade Green? (not that I know the difference) but I think my 3/71 K0 tank should be Candy JET Green / Black
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline ST1100

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 12:27:31 PM »
If you are allowed to say, what does Menno charge the a job like that?
Just send him an inquiry http://www.tanklackieren.de/Home/
He's a real artist, delivering excellent work, one of the few, getting rare by each year...
STOC #637
'00 ST1100Y, '04 ST1100R, '07 NT700VA, CB500K2, CB500K1...

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 01:28:07 PM »
Out of respect for Menno I won't talk about his charges, but it was very reasonable compared to getting the work done in this country. Menno chemically cleaned the tank and stripped it of the old sealant, filled a few dents and sprayed it to the original colour and design - Candy Jade Green.

Drop him an email with some nice pictures, he's great at replying and unless nothing unexpected happens quotes very accurately. And it will only cost ~£15 to send it there!

Alan

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 06:46:32 PM »
Think I am deffo going to have to make sure mine is done in the 'other' candy  green by Menno then because everything is pointing to it being originally Candy JET green on the K0 not jade. I always  like to share all of my prices paid on here particularly for  chroming. I don't know why there is such reluctance. Provided that is that, everyone appreciates  every job is different in terms of parts condition. FWIW I paid £550 for my CB750K0 paint set in the UK which was a lot of parts & repairs: Tank (needed filling and derust) Fork ears (needed small repairs), Side covers (needed small repairs), 3-piece air filter housing, Headlamp bucket, painted on tank stripes (not transfers) Candy Ruby Red. This was 5 years ago but the UK guy who painted them (top notch ... never advertises) told me last month that his prices have not gone up since I last used him. 

This link shows  the original 71 colour schemes for the CB500K0

http://www.greatbikesoftheseventies.com/bikes/honda-cb500f/1971-honda-cb500k0/1971-honda-cb500k0.html
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 07:12:26 PM »
Great link....think I'm going to start another thread on k0 colours as don't want hijack this one

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal