Author Topic: Yamiya prices  (Read 1519 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Yamiya prices
« on: January 07, 2016, 08:03:19 AM »
Been looking at Yamiya prices for Alan's Cb750K4 engine. The prices look really good but do you get stung for postage and import duties. Have used some companies in the States, and after the additional charges I may as well have got them from Silvers. Its also easier to return things. What's your experiences with Yamiya. Cheers.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Yamiya prices
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »
The % differences I highlighted allowed for VAT and import duty but not delivery.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
It is not straight always straight forward. For starters Yamiya always charge in Yen the actual amount you pay in pounds depends on the exchange rate at the time. Duty will be charged at 3.7% on entry and then 20% VAT added on the lot, including. Shipping, Duty as well as the goods cost. Also parcel force will charge a £10 advancement.

I do this stuff everyday of the week, if you dont want the hassle I can do it all for you and provide a quote. That way you can make an informed decision.

Cheers

Dave

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »
It is not straight always straight forward. For starters Yamiya always charge in Yen the actual amount you pay in pounds depends on the exchange rate at the time. Duty will be charged at 3.7% on entry and then 20% VAT added on the lot, including. Shipping, Duty as well as the goods cost. Also parcel force will charge a £10 advancement.

I do this stuff everyday of the week, if you dont want the hassle I can do it all for you and provide a quote. That way you can make an informed decision.

Cheers

Dave

Take your point David but the calcs  done below were  on what I actually paid Yamiya  via PayPal and I allowed for 27% for VAT and import duty in those calcs. I directly had them muled into GB via a friend. I did this because Honda prevented you from importing me a CB750K0  seat , after I paid for it (totally not your fault, which is why I wrote to Honda about it). I then bought a seat off eBay that turned out to be the  wrong type  but although expensive was non-returnable ..so got stuffed with that one. I then bought another seat from a trader in the States which turned out to be not made by Yamiya , it was made by PMC and the Japanese 'low style' .. this was purchased for me by another member and we got no resolution from the seller and gave up. BTW PMC seats are definitely NOT made by Yamiya... they are significantly different although the covers are still excellent ... so stuffed again. So I was basically totally peed with it all and took matters under my own control and ordered the correct part no. directly from Yamiya, as I knew it would be correct and stuffed the box it came in with lots of other small Yamiya parts I needed. But, all in all a f'king expensive, mega hassle, ducktail K0 seat. During a period of idleness/boredom over Christmas I put the Yamiya prices into Excel to see how they compared with DS/CMS prices.

CB750 Genuine cylinder head flanged nuts 600% more (allowing for import duty and VAT) from a 'well known' UK Honda Genuine parts supplier than from  Yamiya in Japan ! Voltage regulator 166% more, 6205 grooved bearing ...230 % more.
NEED to find a Japanese supplier of genuine CB500/4  & CB250/350K parts !

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:33:45 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal