Author Topic: Dk special  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Dk special
« on: January 07, 2016, 08:07:15 PM »
I've seen a few nice bikes from these guys go for what I think are very reasonable prices recently
This could be another

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-Honda-CB500K2-Four-Unregistered-US-Import-Barn-Find-Classic-Restoration-/331748836288?hash=item4d3dc583c0:g:A3gAAOSwHaBWjo0Y

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dk special
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 07:26:28 AM »
 well that auction is going well. ...
These 500's seem to be getting more and more popular and of course valuable....
but then I guess a good low mileage example will always be in demand

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:43 AM »
The  '69 350K I bought off them was like that .. obviously dry stored for years but nobody bid on it because the carbs and a few minor bits were missing, so I did a 'deal' on it afterwards. James put me onto this as he had noticed that , for some reason, they will sometimes list a bike and nobody bids, then they relist it and it goes for a lot of money.

Their spares policy is very variable though ....  they sometimes want top price for a small part and a really low price for larger bits. Plus they send you stuff unchecked, so you have to get a refund...which they do no problem but why have all of the hassle in the 1st place?

Another tip is now they don't always have a best offer but if you contact them they will send you best offer and change the listing. You put in the offer they quote you and it's rejected but they send you  a counter offer higher than they quoted you but you then offer the price they quoted you,  as a new offer,  and it's accepted ...WTF is happening there?  Plus, whilst all this is going on and you are waiting for emails, some tw*t may buy the part because they changed the listing to allow you to do a best offer. This happened to me this week .. although it was slightly different as someone bought it at their spares counter. I was totally p*ssed off about that but then they sold me a 500K0 front wheel and rear mudguard in nice condition a day later...so a love hate relationship going on there.

They have massive stocks though (you have to visit the place to appreciate it, definitely worth a visit ... National Holidays should do weekend trips there for us  ;D) and really your only chance other than the States, quite often.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:59:02 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 09:38:33 AM »
The  '69 350K I bought off them was like that .. obviously dry stored for years but nobody bid on it because the carbs and a few minor bits were missing, so I did a 'deal' on it afterwards. James put me onto this as he had noticed that , for some reason, they will sometimes list a bike and nobody bids, then they relist it and it goes for a lot of money.

Their spares policy is very variable though ....  they sometimes want top price for a small part and a really low price for larger bits. Plus they send you stuff unchecked, so you have to get a refund...which they do no problem but why have all of the hassle in the 1st place?

Another tip is now they don't always have a best offer but if you contact them they will send you best offer and change the listing. You put in the offer they quote you and it's rejected but they send you  a counter offer higher than they quoted you but you then offer the price they quoted you,  as a new offer,  and it's accepted ...WTF is happening there?  Plus, whilst all this is going on and you are waiting for emails, some tw*t may buy the part because they changed the listing to allow you to do a best offer. This happened to me this week .. although it was slightly different as someone bought it at their spares counter. I was totally p*ssed off about that but then they sold me a 500K0 front wheel and rear mudguard in nice condition a day later...so a love hate relationship going on there.

They have massive stocks though (you have to visit the place to appreciate it, definitely worth a visit ... National Holidays should do weekend trips there for us  ;D) and really your only chance other than the States, quite often.

Just watched the video ... pretty stunning condition ... Surprised it has allen screws in the covers though. Nice touch is it has the original spare fuses in the tool tray .. told you I was getting anoraky over these bikes. That's Neil from DK making  the video... nice bloke to deal with, as is his colleague Mark.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
That's a nice bike! Will it go to 4.000 - 5.000 ?
cheers, Uli

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »
nice bike,it is within 1,000 of mine,engine number wise,pity about the fork gaiters,

the clocks are different mounting ,

it does look good
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 06:36:39 PM »
Clocks are different as its a US K2, they had the bigger clocks and the four point mounted CHROME rear light bracket and I think the bigger rear light

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »
DK has pulled the auction on this 500 on the last day. Must have got a better offer. I have emailed them to say that "pulling an auction when there has been bids, although not against the rules, is not good form and annoys many of their customers" Lets see what the reply is.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 07:06:12 AM »
DK has pulled the auction on this 500 on the last day. Must have got a better offer. I have emailed them to say that "pulling an auction when there has been bids, although not against the rules, is not good form and annoys many of their customers" Lets see what the reply is.

I bet: nothing

BTW:
here in G it is against the rules and would give reason for damage claims.
cheers, Uli

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 07:27:56 AM »
Sort of nothing. They replied asking for the auction number, which I sent them. Then nothing else. Bang out of order if you ask me.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 07:36:15 AM »
They had a CB350 wheel on there once and  called them and made an offer (no bids last day of auction) The guy there said there was no way he would do it as their policy was "The boss says on no account upset Mr eBay" so I am surprised they pulled the auction and not seen that too much from them before.There were no other bids on the wheel, so I got it for much less than I offered them over the phone.

Posted comments on their video. SUGGEST other members do the same and then we can resend them their own video link back with comments on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tzU--6N3p4&feature=youtu.be

Wonder if they will 'Pull' the sandcast they have on there?

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 07:26:10 PM »
No.

Ended as well.
cheers, Uli

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 07:55:18 PM »
They must have removed my comments from the video...didn't know you could do that.

Come on you guys bung a comment on there ..they may get the message
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:57:30 PM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal