Author Topic: Padgetts Robbed of rare bikes  (Read 2575 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: Padgetts Robbed of rare bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 08:44:42 AM »
Thieving scrotes. They should try working for a living instead of ruining peoples lives. Imagine how devastated you would be if it was your garage. Think I may use this as a timely reminder to up the security on the garage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »
Good point roy. One of the reasons I store the collection in different garages. Very sad news though. Total scumbags.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 10:09:32 AM »
Pretty well know in biking circles that Padgetts have quite a few 'out of the crate' rare bikes so probably a pro job, if they hacked into a steel container. Thought they would have had tracking devices on them though.. done at the end of the holiday, so that the theft was not immediately discovered. Got to feel for them.. why couldn't the thieves just take the showroom bikes? Those Yams will be out of the UK now that's for sure.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:54:55 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
Fecking scummy thieving toe rags, not sure what they can do with them other than sell them for spares, and everyone will be looking , if they have gone abroad then they get clean away with it, it makes me wonder how many of the floods of imports we get here are stolen in another country
pete

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 03:13:34 PM »
hopefully they will realise these bikes are out of the ordinary,

I would assume more difficult to sell on the open market,and a special limited market intact,or for spares,

unless they are smuggled abroad,

Padgett have put a lot into bike racing,and bike culture,but this is a personal attack on a persons collection,

I hope this is spread about other forums,we all need to stick together to catch the scrotes !!!
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »
Its all over face book, and seems to be hitting the forums,

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »
I'm desperately sorry for Padgetts........who have done so much over the years for the UK Bike scene, but it reminds me of a TV programme I saw some years ago.........at one of the UK seaports the UK Customs and Excise checked out a Container of 'Scrap Metal' bound for Nigeria.....only to find that the top layer of 'Scrap metal' actually hid a bottom layer of expensive cars....Mercs and Range Rovers etc.

At the time I thought 'Why would anyone be exporting scrap metal to Nigeria??????'..........and to me it seemed a dead giveaway.....but Customs said that they only had the resources to check a small number of containers so it was a 'no brainer' for the thieves to chance it as the rewards were so great.

It's funny though that UK Customs and Excise can charge me 20% VAT on a rear wheel hub which I just imported from USA which was made 50 years ago - a long, long, long time before VAT was even thought of......and it also reminds me that HM Revenue will hound small businesses and individuals for Tax and NI as they are an easy target but Multi Nationals like Vodafone and Starbucks have had Billions of £££££ written off because they have employed 'smart' Lawyers and Accountants to ensure that they only pay the bare minimum that they are 'legally' obliged to cough up.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 10:28:06 PM »
I'm desperately sorry for Padgetts........who have done so much over the years for the UK Bike scene, but it reminds me of a TV programme I saw some years ago.........at one of the UK seaports the UK Customs and Excise checked out a Container of 'Scrap Metal' bound for Nigeria.....only to find that the top layer of 'Scrap metal' actually hid a bottom layer of expensive cars....Mercs and Range Rovers etc.

At the time I thought 'Why would anyone be exporting scrap metal to Nigeria??????'..........and to me it seemed a dead giveaway.....but Customs said that they only had the resources to check a small number of containers so it was a 'no brainer' for the thieves to chance it as the rewards were so great.

It's funny though that UK Customs and Excise can charge me 20% VAT on a rear wheel hub which I just imported from USA which was made 50 years ago - a long, long, long time before VAT was even thought of......and it also reminds me that HM Revenue will hound small businesses and individuals for Tax and NI as they are an easy target but Multi Nationals like Vodafone and Starbucks have had Billions of £££££ written off because they have employed 'smart' Lawyers and Accountants to ensure that they only pay the bare minimum that they are 'legally' obliged to cough up.

agrees,also fuel,at present petrol and diesel are only 37p per litre,the rest is duty,plus VAT ,and the VAT is not just on the fuel,but on the duty as well !!! 

LOL don't get me started !!
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
Talking of petrol prices. Why are we still paying over a £1 a litre when Brent Crude is now trading at less than a third of the price it was.

Thieving tw**s they are worse than the Padgetts scrotes who only got away with thousands. Government and oil companies are getting away with Billions.

Really hope they find the Padgett bikes, though not holding out much hope as your average Plod struggles to find his way to work. But if the scrotes dared to ride one of the bikes, they will soon be slapped with a speeding ticket.

See now you've got me started.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 10:24:12 AM »
97.9 pence a litre up here in Lancaster Roy  ;), they should chop their thieving hands off if they catch em  >:(, cheers Mick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal