Author Topic: They have to be kidding or am I out of touch  (Read 3767 times)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: They have to be kidding or am I out of touch
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »

I bought a set of unstamped HM300's for my CB750 K4 from MachIV in USA....which cost an arm and a leg with Duty, VAT and P&P.......but they are excellent.
Don't know if they are Yamiya or what but very pleased with them......not fitted them to my bike as yet so that's an unknown at present.....but other parts I have bought from MachIV have been exactly as described and their service is also excellent.....so I can recommend them.

I also bought a set of unstamped HM341's from DS....marked as 'Seconds', and again, I haven't fitted these but they are also excellent for the money.....I think these were originally from CMSNL which is again, a reputable Dealer.

It's really a 'Catch 22' - do you wait and see if a Company starts to make a production run in the future at an 'affordable' price, or buy what comes up when you see something advertised now and take your chances.

The DS 'Seconds' are a good bet if you just want to remove your original HM's and keep them in the loft.......depends how you view originality and how long you plan on keeping your bike(s) for.

Hi - just to clarify, are dss hm341's just unstamped replica 341's. Any other significant marks / issues?

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: They have to be kidding or am I out of touch
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 07:41:49 PM »
Hi James....the DS 'Seconds' HM 341's have perfect chrome and good welding....on the DS Website at the time there was a disclaimer saying that the balance tubes which link the top and bottom pair of silencers (on each side) might be too long and might need some material removing.....and after they had been been made to fit, would need to be painted.

As you will not see these areas when the pipes are fitted, I thought it was a fair bet and I was very pleased with the DS Exhausts which are as good a quality as the ones I bought from MachIV for twice the price...albeit HM 300's.

As I said, I have not fitted them yet....as my K4 is still in pieces, but I think that they are a good buy.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal