Author Topic: CMS Exhausts Delivered today  (Read 1396 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
CMS Exhausts Delivered today
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »
Ooooohhh !!!

Look what the delivery man brought today, my new set of aftermarket exhausts from CMSNL.

Been waiting a while for new stock but well worth the wait. Ordered Wednesday in my hands Friday  :) :) :)

At first inspection look really well chromed and well made, however at £800 all in was a big decision but I am sure once they are on I will never regret getting rid of the somewhat pitted pair of 2-1s that came with the project !!

Reason for the post -- is if anyone wants a repro exhaust set then I would highly recommend the CMSNL ones but stock does seem to be a bit erratic.
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline GiannisFour

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: CMS Exhausts Delivered today
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:28:40 AM »
Hi m8
got same set on Dec from cmsnl after looong wait! It was the last part to finish my restored CB.
Set looks great and fitment on bike was spot on.
 The only problem i faced was that the position of the rubber stop for centre stand was a little forward causing the centre stand to hit the muffler when is closed.
I came up with a small addaptor to put the rubber more forward...maybe my centre stand is diff...
Did you fit your set?
CB500 K1
CB400 F2

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 08:47:33 AM »
Hi m8
got same set on Dec from cmsnl after looong wait! It was the last part to finish my restored CB.
Set looks great and fitment on bike was spot on.
 The only problem i faced was that the position of the rubber stop for centre stand was a little forward causing the centre stand to hit the muffler when is closed.
I came up with a small addaptor to put the rubber more forward...maybe my centre stand is diff...
Did you fit your set?

Do you have the exhaust mounted right ? strange that the stand is not located against the rubber stop. Useful link >>http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,9170.0.html

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »
Still can't work out why CMS and DS are getting them from the same factory but DS has rejected them on quality and not available yet, but CMS have sold several batches. However, great news they are even repro'd. Sounds like I got into CB500/4 ownership just at the right time.

Welcome from me GiannisFour .. please introduce yourself in the Newbies section.

Cheers  ... Ash
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:15:21 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline ST1100

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »
Still can't work out why CMS and DS are getting them from the same factory but DS has rejected them on quality and not available yet, but CMS have sold several batches.
Maybe some, yet undiscovered fitment issues?
CMS is a pure storage/resell operation, whilst DS seems to have some w/shop activities going...
STOC #637
'00 ST1100Y, '04 ST1100R, '07 NT700VA, CB500K2, CB500K1...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal