Author Topic: Definitive MOT info needed  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Definitive MOT info needed
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:25:39 PM »
Hi folks,
A while back there were lots of press reports about a change to the MOT requirement which said that the first MOT would be moved to FOUR years after 1st reg of a new vehicle.  Our Peugeot will be 3 years old at the end of this month and hence under the old rules will need an MOT.  Does anyone - perhaps we have a MOT inspector amongst us, know for DEFINITE if the old rule ever did get changed or was it just a proposal?

Ian

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Definitive MOT info needed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 04:36:04 PM »
Not changed to my knowledge, they are still talking about 24 month testing as well, I would book it in anyway cheap enough for a basic safety check

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 05:21:11 PM »
Many thanks for that Bryan,
I take your point about the safety check, always good to have someone else cast an eye over it. But living here in Orkney, it's not travelled the way of a rep's Mondeo.  If we lived on one of the outer Isles no Mot is required, but still full tax - seems arse about face to me.

Ian

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 05:44:15 PM »
Proposals, proposals, I get this year in year out with VOSA. It is still after 3 years from date of registration and once a year after that. They have been taking about every two years as the Germans and some other EU countries have this system in place for many years.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »
True about mileage but as you can't get away from the seaside corrosion must be more prevalent!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal