Author Topic: Nice video on the Candy Jet Green model  (Read 2892 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Nice video on the Candy Jet Green model
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:12:53 AM »
What are those reflectors on the back seat. Good old Bo in her early years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9U_o_Krhks

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Nice video on the Candy Jet Green model
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
Nice find Ash, thanks for sharing. Just posted your discs, hopefully be with you Tuesday.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
Nice find Ash, thanks for sharing. Just posted your discs, hopefully be with you Tuesday.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Cheers for that mate ..it means I can put the PDF s in Dropbox of article scans rather than 17 meg /page files
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »
What are those reflectors on the back seat.
They make the bike look cheap. US taste. At least the bike has the right handlebars.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 08:12:04 PM »
it must be me,I just don't like green as a colour,

but it does look good,finish was,

enjoying Italian roads,no not me !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zzKJFL9muA
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 12:27:16 AM »

A few years I spotted a Candy Green tank in a real Honda aficionados garage when I was looking at his sandcasts and I though wow , one of these days I am going to get  a 500 in that colour and that's what Menno is painting my set with (it's it's original colour anyway) But looking at James's Gold 500K0 I really like that too. The tank that Menno is painting is a spare one I got with bike 'cos the original one was absolutely disgusting inside. However, over the last week, I stripped the original tank and I bunged two tubs of caustic soda from the pound shop in it and a kettle full of boiling water . Fk me it was like something from a Frankenstein movie with all the heat,  hissing and gurgling but turns out the tank had been lined and my 'brew' stripped it out ...it looked like a load of seaweed when I pulled it out. that tank now looks  the most dent free tank I have ever seen for a 45 year old bike. Think I might get it painted as a spare in Gold by Menno once I have got my resto's done then I can swap over as the mood takes me.  Still love the green though. Funnily enough, the earliest model I know of from Honda with candy paint is the 1967 SS125A but the candy paint was on the frame, not the tank etc !

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
Good eye Oddjob, I noticed exactly the same. Also looks like decals used for the pinstrip rather than paint. Also aftermarket shocks and a few other bits not oem correct. I'll be doing one of my other K0's in green once the gold one has gone...

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »
My favourite of the 500/4 coulors is also the green, though I really love my green ones patina, the paint is all leathery in finish and has polished back through to bare metal where riders knees have rubbed through. I wonder if anyone in the painting world could laquer that patinated paint to preserve it as is. I doubt the original paint would have survived quite that well over the years unless the bike had been sealed in a dark box in a very dry space.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »
I thought the pinstipes were decals from the factory

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »
I thought the pinstipes were decals from the factory

They definitely were Bryan as I removed them from a 3/71 tank on Friday  :) 750K0 ones were deffo painted though.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 08:11:22 PM »
Mine is I am sure painted lines, might be a rather old restoration, being as it has been like that since I bought it 10 years ago - worn through that is, 1974/5 bike.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »

Put this and pics on my Resto Log  :)

A few years I spotted a Candy Green tank in a real Honda aficionados garage when I was looking at his sandcasts and I though wow , one of these days I am going to get  a 500 in that colour and that's what Menno is painting my set with (it's it's original colour anyway) But looking at James's Gold 500K0 I really like that too. The tank that Menno is painting is a spare one I got with bike 'cos the original one was absolutely disgusting inside. However, over the last week, I stripped the original tank and I bunged two tubs of caustic soda from the pound shop in it and a kettle full of boiling water . Fk me it was like something from a Frankenstein movie with all the heat,  hissing and gurgling but turns out the tank had been lined and my 'brew' stripped it out ...it looked like a load of seaweed when I pulled it out. that tank now looks  the most dent free tank I have ever seen for a 45 year old bike. Think I might get it painted as a spare in Gold by Menno once I have got my resto's done then I can swap over as the mood takes me.  Still love the green though. Funnily enough, the earliest model I know of from Honda with candy paint is the 1967 SS125A but the candy paint was on the frame, not the tank etc !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal