Author Topic: Sandcast on eBay UK  (Read 3136 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Sandcast on eBay UK
« on: March 26, 2016, 04:14:19 PM »
This is the one I was offered about 18 months ago, when DS asked if I knew anyone selling a sandcast for his museum. I spoke to a person in the UK asking if he had any parts to sell me and mentioned in passing that I was offered the sandcast and he went away and bought it and possibly sold it on ..dunno for sure. DS thought it was too expensive and then won the 'Mecum' auction  low miler original from a museum for less than £10k.   I am pretty sure the price to me was the equivalent (then)  of £17k. It's a lovely example ..lots of NOS parts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB750-Sandcast-Immaculate-condition-CB-750-/152026533972?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:18:19 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Sandcast on eBay UK
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »
WTF is it with people who get into a bidding frenzy so early on in the bidding stages , they just mug themselves up pushing the prices crazy, or could it be deliberate ?, whatever it is i am sure it will fetch a good price
 frank asks 50k plus for his sandcasts and recons he has sold 4 at that price now

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »
Bodes well for sandcast owners pete ;-)....

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »
Well james i hope this trend continues with the crazy pricing cause i have no pension other than my assets, 

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
..lots of NOS parts

Hopefully not all like that repro seat and rear shocks (K1 ?)
cheers, Uli

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 10:23:09 AM »
Confirmed back in my old emails that it was more like 14.5K GBP when I was offered it  about 2 years ago and the NOS original genuine seat and toolkit have since been swapped.

Sent an eBay message to the seller telling him all this .... expecting a load of flak back from the seller. WTF I don't care. Wonder if the 'bike of his dreams' is YLY 70H at auction next month. Or has the Brighton Bike come up fore sale? Doubt the latter but you never know...miracles do happen .

Just for posterity (the record) Here it is EXACTLY as it was offered to me. NOS HONDA seat looks gorgeous C/W the one on it now.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:11:01 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »
What a shame. Why would someone swap that seat and tool kit to cheap repro stuff...simply profit maximise?

BTW and looking at his other items: is that a dealer?
cheers, Uli

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »
Here a better shot of the original seat it was sold with ! How anyone could take that off beats me and replace it with what looks like a Dave Silver repro .

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 06:48:09 PM »
I would have thought the correct parts would bring in more on the final value, however people are going crazy with the bidding on this one already, i struggle to understand the market with these bikes

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »
My 'mole' tells me that its not another iconic CB750 that's 'the bike of the sellers dreams'.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 10:20:37 AM »
If this goes much higher in price to where I think it will go, it won't be a good investment. I doubt there will be much meat left on the bone. Am expecting 45k plus. A silly amount to pay for any old Honda, not like it's a Brough Superior SS100 or anything. Really pleased for you guys on here that already own one, good profit when the time comes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 10:24:42 PM »
Well it didn't sell at £23,400 so I rest my case your honour that 750K0's are not actually having the folding stuff exchanged for them, 'cos that sandcast (apart from the swapped seat) was a minter with lots of NOS parts on it and restored by a guy who is an absolute stickler for originality. BTW the 'Mecum auction' sandcast that DS got for sub 10k with around 3k miles on it, from a USA personal collection, has been sold on, as he got hold of VIN 750 for his museum. Museum opens in July ish I believe.

I got a reply back and seemed an honest one from the eBay uk seller, that he didn't know about the seat swap & tool kit and thanked me for telling him. It's not the same guy that bought it from Steve who was selling it. The original buyer has a really nice UK Diecast that was ordered at the 'Brighton Show' (probably same batch as mine 10/69)  so perhaps he put into onto that bike.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 07:16:47 AM »
I am surprised, I really expected that to go through the roof.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 08:34:53 PM »
Looks like he wants £33k ono then...
http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C730584

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 09:37:53 PM »