Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 01, 2021, 05:40:14 PM
-
The gasket set that came with my bike has a nice bag of rubber type "O" ring seals but I am a tad confused about the eight green ones.
The manual shows them under the valve guides (with nice valve seals for the inlets) but I can't see where the green ones go unless they are fitted in place when the guides are pressed in.
So is that where they go please?
.
.
.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51416765037_ee9f9b2ccb_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mkwmUV)Gasket set seals (https://flic.kr/p/2mkwmUV) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
I wonder it they are tappet inspection cover O rings....are they big enough?
-
I wonder it they are tappet inspection cover O rings....are they big enough?
There are a set of those not in the pictur much larger.
The green things are about 12 mm in diameter.
-
They are silicone O rings for under the valve guides. You only fit them if you have new guides inserted.
-
They are silicone O rings for under the valve guides. You only fit them if you have new guides inserted.
Wow that's a very thorough design - usually an interference fit is enough to keep the oil out.