Honda-SOHC
General => Out & About => Topic started by: Skoti on February 05, 2026, 12:37:45 PM
-
2026 New years day run out in sunny Spain.
-
Well done
For me in the UK,
I have not been out on my bikes this year
Cold,wet,possibly salty roads,
Must be getting soft
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Some salt on the Spanish mountain roads inland, but mostly fine closer to the med.
-
I have been riding through winter this year. I've grown fed up with trying to get the thing running nicely again in the spring coupled with the fact that I do not have a great deal of room to put it inside so it usually sits under an archway outside my studio. My workshop has my other bike in it and far too many other bits of junk. (classic bike stuff). There's no space in the tractor shed either. (sheds do have a tendency to fill up)
The salt is making some parts look a bit orange but will apply some more grease when I can remember. I do avoid the truly awful weather since the week before last I had a car very close to the back of me for several miles on a country road coming home from work in pouring rain. This particular road has bad flood spots which can take up half the carriageway. People in cars do not seem to realise their lights cast a big shadow in front of me and my meagre headlamp cannot cope. I do not want to run into a giant puddle so it makes the ride very unpleasant. I try to pull over if I can find a safe place but not always easy on country roads.
Still, it is much more fun than being stuck in the car.
-
Out on the 500 today, first time this year, it was only started yesterday for the first time since November
Cool breeze, just a little warmth in the sun
Wow, it felt good
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260222/b5b4ff63c14294d4e329a04c0fcd0681.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260222/97614c41176de953b09d8bad08208d73.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Glad to see it out and about after the work last year
-
Nice to see you out on a run John. Just commented to a fellow biker that yesterday would have been a reasonable day for the bike. Probably another few weeks here before any of the classics get a run.
-
Well, a decent run out today
247 miles approx
North Wales
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/22e33d03393c343af2b05bb387926256.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/3a337d53e33414804e8c5e8707bca4bd.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/f18bf108b4f53e260100b75151b3e483.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/bb8fb81d94f8bfd1e335d556854bbd2c.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/cf89749dd0eadbe36ab5a3e05e9b9f1f.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/cf2ccc790217aa1f59e33502c204eb47.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/91df96eed27906c6894324c4277e73e8.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/655e4c5e4c3d44be95dd8d500d3c44fb.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/455bfcafcde8e55f960af9905f8a048e.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/a49186234c7576d6aa05ad6842db3874.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Well, a decent run out today
247 miles approx
North Wales
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/22e33d03393c343af2b05bb387926256.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/3a337d53e33414804e8c5e8707bca4bd.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/f18bf108b4f53e260100b75151b3e483.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/bb8fb81d94f8bfd1e335d556854bbd2c.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/cf89749dd0eadbe36ab5a3e05e9b9f1f.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/cf2ccc790217aa1f59e33502c204eb47.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/91df96eed27906c6894324c4277e73e8.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/655e4c5e4c3d44be95dd8d500d3c44fb.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/455bfcafcde8e55f960af9905f8a048e.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/a49186234c7576d6aa05ad6842db3874.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
Lovely work John
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-
Managed to get som commissioning / shakedown miles on the CB750 K2 today.
Lived every minute of it - mainly local roads initially to iron out a few issues, then a longer run out to the Jack and Jill windmill just north of Brighton.
Didn’t skip a beat - best CB750 I’ve ridden to-date.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/d049aec8b4ae7f56b64f0dbeb70b5dbd.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/86c5ea34af560dfab3d97002a9934fcd.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/aaebfa71d35f48e5a407872055043856.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/43c2de43825ba4694e9f8e5480c7d6ff.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/712d57699f1eaa5a4f400112e5c95935.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/a3fb063f1ce35db8e7a1c47b9466281b.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/f2051671293fa19fa8eda657009a80be.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/ceff8e3e04783671ba20d300805df4e3.jpg)
-
Lived every minute of it - mainly local roads initially to iron out a few issues, then a longer run out to the Jack and Jill windmill just north of Brighton.
That sounds like Devil's Dyke James. I used to ride that way for a year when I was commuting from Hove to London each day, nice ride! ;D
-
You kept this one quiet James 🤫.
What's the story, history, rebuild photos and what you are planning to do with it?
Looks amazing as always, great restoration and fantastic colour 👍
-
I’ve been documenting the build on the US forum Dave. I’m planning to start a tread here and backfill with all the details. Struggled to do both sites in parallel last time and just ended up missing comments / questions.
Should really have done it the other way round and posted the build here and then copied to the US site, but started over there and got a bit carried away.
Before/after pics…
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/14bc9cd386b15fffa4f78c1bf74ad099.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260408/0e65f84e31e7c05e9525b88ed710e292.jpg)
-
Lovely James. Top class as usual. Like the colour as well.
I’ll bet those Phantoms were a bitch to get off, mine were hard as iron, even 24” tyre irons wouldn’t budge them, had to cut one off with a Dremel. I thought the original wheels were Lesters at first glance but they don’t have the right profile when you look close.
-
Absolutely gorgeous
Cheers
Dennis
-
Stunning example! What a transformation.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
As has been said, a great colour 👍
-
Really like that. Great job!
Alan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
A tidy VFR400 at the local bike meet last night. Plus a few others.
I should have taken more photos.
-
Some nice machines there, I've seen a photo of that same Benelli somewhere before, it must do the local show circuit in Scotland.
A bunch of us went to the Ulster Grand Prix years ago on bikes , one guy borrowed a nice VFR400 NC30 from his girlfriend for the trip.
Anyhow we had to get two taxi rides back from the pub in the evening to our digs, we were back before him so we lifted the super light NC30 and hid it behind the hotel.
He thought the worst and wondered how he was going to break the news to his girlfriend.
Happy prankster days...
-
Just veering off slightly from these posts, but still "Out & About", thinking back to last year, springtime, I was riding along a nice rural road with a series of gentle bends. I just managed to see in time on myn left a Sparrowhawk aiming for me. It needed a quick duvk of the head, and it flew off. A couple of weeks later, my son called me to say that he had experienced the same thing, but he had marks on the back of his helmet where contact was made!! A chap who was an experienced country dweller told me that the sparrowhawks probably had nests nearby with young chicks. From a height of about 70 feet or so, looking down a rider with arms spread out mon handlebars, possibly resembles a large bird invading their territory. Make sure you keep your collar turned up!!!!
-
Those 650 Benelli Tornado have very impressive motor. Crank and transmission wouldn't look out of place pulling an HGV around ;D
A look inside one https://mbvmc.org/restore/Benelli/index.htm interesting project.
-
A tidy VFR400 at the local bike meet last night. Plus a few others.
I should have taken more photos.
Gareth,
my Scottish spies tell me those photos may have been taken last Wednesday night at the Balmullo Inn?
ATB
-
A tidy VFR400 at the local bike meet last night. Plus a few others.
I should have taken more photos.
Gareth,
my Scottish spies tell me those photos may have been taken last Wednesday night at the Balmullo Inn?
ATB
Got it in one.👍
-
First Biker night
Because of the rain, I took the 4 wheel Honda
It was at a brewery just outside Cheltenham
Had a sense of humour
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260415/131ef6bae43b28211e52bf7273278cd7.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Two things you can only rent........ coffee and beer.
-
Nice ride out on the CBX yesterday before she flies the nest later this month.
The sound of these bikes on full-chat when properly setup is INSANE.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260418/6ea9d70877c1cac4914993c644b2ba59.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260418/fdb3e58a2fc009180bb70ee88801259a.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260418/68183fff6cb4a7a0995418521c238a34.jpg)
-
Lovely original looking CBX. Nice sunny day too. Unrivalled tone. Symphony of cylinders!
-
Pure art those bikes.
-
Out in the sun (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260423/24012346de3a896866908e7d7de88a43.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260423/287801a9e95ba5c6cb3f7aafd1694bde.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260423/989cc3a0565e00ee08426c88ac500ebd.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260423/8f016c1ec25abe522c498196d8113ec5.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Twin front discs & drilled - bike looks cool John. 8)
-
Bike meet at Hub71, Glenrothes.
-
A few more.
The last 2 taken at Kilmany, birthplace of Jim Clark.
-
Lovely photos, thanks for posting.
It's been noted that Jim Clark appears to approve of the tidy red 400 four.
-
with the sunny weather I went for a run out,
I have a basic camera,it seems to record in 18 minute segments,
so 4 episodeds
this is the first,pity about the wind noise,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPvqU7p9VTM&t=6s
enjoys
-
John, why do you have a second lever on the left of your handlebars?
-
It's my rear brake
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
It's my rear brake
A bit taken aback, I've never seen this before. Is there any advantage with this set up?
-
It's my rear brake
A bit taken aback, I've never seen this before. Is there any advantage with this set up?
It works for me,
As my right ankle doesn't
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
A bit taken aback, I've never seen this before. Is there any advantage with this set up?
It works for me,
As my right ankle doesn't
Ah, that makes sense, a specialist reason. 8)
-
Out at Biker night
Tewkesbury rugby club
Next to the abbey
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260429/b660a9d7a4af37ac11cc6168d65c451e.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Out for a short jolly
Never been here before, very hospitable
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260430/c6ee0231acdaa37f8501be96cc89ec91.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260430/8db5bf9fc072ac174984220c7375a1ea.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
BaffleHaus do great burgers. 👍 George North's place. (Welsh rugby player, just announced his retirement)
-
They've got the same couch as me! 8)
-
Can't beat a Chesterfield for old school comfort 😁
-
Ice cream parlor run today to South Bohemian Prachatice, been loads of bikes out on the mountain passes.
-
Looks lovely there Skoti! Bit rough over that cobbles? Looks like ice cream weather, was it warm?
-
Looks lovely there Skoti! Bit rough over that cobbles? Looks like ice cream weather, was it warm?
26c on that day, been no rain for almost two weeks now.
Suits me fine but the farmers are moaning.
Heading in your direction next month for the Simmer Dim rally, should we expect similar weather?
-
-10 maybe 😂 seriously fingers crossed for descent weather for it. I worked in Shetland for a small period of time in the later 70’s. I used to drool over a nice CB750 exactly the same as yours same colour too, I had a CD175 at the time. Wonder if that bike survived the ravages of time? Apparently quite a good classic bike scene there too.
-
Is that Cesky Krumlov where you are parked up Skoti?
We went there on a rail holiday a couple of years ago. Whilst we were there the South Bohemia car rally came through the square and parked up overnight, some amazing old vehicles were there. Lovely place to visit and worth going along the fast moving river in a kayak.
-
Is that Cesky Krumlov where you are parked up Skoti?
We went there on a rail holiday a couple of years ago. Whilst we were there the South Bohemia car rally came through the square and parked up overnight, some amazing old vehicles were there. Lovely place to visit and worth going along the fast moving river in a kayak.
It's Prachatice we're parked in, it's not far from Cesky Krumlov and has similar architecture.
Glad you enjoyed your holiday there.
Coincidentally we've just arrived home from a bike run to Cesky Krumlov and up the Vltava river to lake Lipno, it's typical for us that we encountered the first rain shower for ages.
Forgot to take a photo, but here's one I took earlier at Cesky Krumlov.
-
Out for a jolly yesterday
130 miles
Brecon, Llandovery, Builth Wells, Hay on Wye
Very enjoyable (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260522/cdde3d8b052905abd26268a238bed571.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Out for a 50mile RoSPA run Round Helson-Marazion-St Just-Hayle yesterday and some stranger posted a ohoto of me on the RoSPA site because he noticed the 'vests' on some riders. So that's me in Marazion down here in Cornwall.
[attachimg=1]
-
Nice picture
Must visit before the hectic rush starts
Had sunshine again, so out for essential supplies
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260522/c6b7933c0da81c0cb5692fb047f1b509.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Can't resist the sunshine
This is about 4 North of Chepstow (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260524/3d51d3fefae04e917dd5715a66a9615b.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Out at Biker night
H J Pugh, Ledbury
Auction on weekend
Plus a couple of interesting in the park
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260527/b27fae5945741cb300ca809a12253227.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260527/1289f85dc377027948b8ab8517e0f509.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260527/65ee277c3514ff6707e3ab441dd73967.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260527/58590440b3574769dda1b80c85452583.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260527/4f69b4f92aae2e37975349c7884c669d.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Now that Suzuki is a different take on the X75 8).
Are you looking to buy the Fireblade John ;)
-
Look at the Honda
It's not a Blade
Read the small print





Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Ohh.....I see now, it's a 400, the baby Blade 👍.
Do I hear the gavel falling, SOLD to the man holding the ice cream......
-
Is it a 250 ?
Can't quite see if enlarged as resolution is low and image breaks up into jaggedy artifacts. :)
-
On the tail hump,it's say 250
One of the tiny twin cam 4s
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
On the tail hump,it's say 250
One of the tiny twin cam 4s
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
19k rpm anybody??
-
A few more.
The last 2 taken at Kilmany, birthplace of Jim Clark.
I was a great fan of his as a nine year kid, he captured our imaginations alright. I was in Germany at the time when he came to grief, I bawled my eyes out!
-
On the tail hump,it's say 250
One of the tiny twin cam 4s
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
19k rpm anybody??
19K Most definitely!! They make a very nice, and authentic sounding parade bike. (Try to ignore the radiator hoses!).
-
And another:---
-
I was at the local Community Hospital this morning taking Wendy for her Physiotherapy when I heard the sound of a bike in the car park. It sounded brilliant, a chap in his 50's parked it up, I saw it had a Triumph badge on the petrol tank.
It was a Triumph Rocket 3GT, I had to take a photo as I've only seen a different version of the Rocket at Stafford Show a couple of years ago. It looked a quality machine, if I'm being critical IMHO the petrol tank lets it down as it does not seem to match the style of the rest of the bike. I gulped when I saw an online price tag of £25k for a new one.
.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55301990546_e4fc831aa3_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2sfRa6C)Triumph Rocket 3 GT (https://flic.kr/p/2sfRa6C) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
They are huge when you get up close, aren't they :)
The classic "peanut" triumph tank shape would appear to be driver of sales in customer ideals I'd guess. Away from their more sport bike focus it looks to be significant in it's attraction to the brand.
Note that the underline curved arc on Triumph logo finishes early, rather than the original that loops under and past the "H" which I think comes from ownership of original script.
I didn't know that, but a "kind" observer pointed it out to me on a T-shirt I was wearing ;D with comment of "that's not a real one" :)
-
I will never forgive Triumph for "stealing" the Rocket 3 name from BSA, I loved the original Rocket 3's style.
Cheers
Dennis
-
They are huge when you get up close, aren't they :)
The classic "peanut" triumph tank shape would appear to be driver of sales in customer ideals I'd guess. Away from their more sport bike focus it looks to be significant in it's attraction to the brand.
Note that the underline curved arc on Triumph logo finishes early, rather than the original that loops under and past the "H" which I think comes from ownership of original script.
I didn't know that, but a "kind" observer pointed it out to me on a T-shirt I was wearing ;D with comment of "that's not a real one" :)
Triumph own all the rights to the script, it has just evolved several times over the years. They "modernised" it, allegedly.
-
But the Bonnie is still only supposed to be a 650 parallel twin
-
Purists over on the Brit Bike forum refer to the new Triumph motorcycles as 'Thaiumph', referring to the factory in Thailand.
Loads of Honda models made in Thailand as well, nowt wrong with them.
-
Over at the CZ/SK border near Poland.
-
Only the third time I’ve managed to get out on this since I bought it at Easter, it has an oil leak that needs sorting so it won’t get lots of use until that’s sorted properly. It’s not high powered or quick but it was great fun on the country lanes around here and it feels like I could ride it all day long.
It’s kick start only, so figuring out what it likes is interesting but it does start well once you’ve got it.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260530/ca638f3cbb3b249b3d880a32394c2cc0.jpg)
-
Very nice
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
I just took a ride up to Blackheath, being a moonday morning there weren't many bikes about but the usual murders of the Heaths fabled crows were about. They paid my Elen lots of interest, after all a bag on monkey nuts is yummy! ;D
-
Hope that crows don’t shit on that lovely bike!😂
Beautiful scenery there Skoti.
-
Hope that crows don’t shit on that lovely bike!😂
Beautiful scenery there Skoti.
The crows would be STONED if they dared! :o
-
Pissed down all the way from Newcastle ferry terminal, no[attach=1]t far to Shetland now tho.
-
I went to scotland once delivering 17,000 tones of fuel oil--------------it was closed!
-
I went to scotland once delivering 17,000 tones of fuel oil--------------it was closed!
Open for business today, Dunnottar Castle, nr Stonehaven.
-
Out getting essential supplies
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260614/0471512b1dd33add09bada745348e3fb.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
That looks like a lovely pub John.
Did you tell any jokes at the open mic event or did you just sing?
-
I am far to shy,
It is on the road between Monmouth and Chepstow
Little village called Trelleck,
Very hospitable
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
While it's warm and dry
Time for a trip to the seaside
Check the pictures
Despite the hills, I didn't visit Lincolnshire or Norfolk
But I was disappointed, the shop had closed
About 200mile round trip
Also, the bike has been cleaned!!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260615/1096827e521156cb823ce8521e99d021.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260615/2aaf0803fe3151c7d4df41bd1c536228.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260615/da3777fb44e37f8b498f851432599be1.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Not very warm here today.
-
Out at Biker night
Wyre Piddle
Near Pershore,
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260617/7591ebf4a8b014388426ce3f9501a86c.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Out tonight at the Herefordshire branch of the VMCC
Celebrating 80yrs
A special baton is travelling around the country,
Lots of interesting bikes,
More Hondas than any other
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260618/2069052620adf31e4f4d7600102151c2.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260618/5547696317ba244351df5d347fc78008.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260618/8563ffece090ea6324e9c01815a0d783.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260618/d24f9ea58ba4ab330a83cc3baabf1919.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260618/8e25b6e32a304065a7c3b1f9ffb409d9.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260618/5f3429ddcd3c356266220e63cf663390.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
At last some good weather here up north.
-
At last some good weather here up north.
Enjoy! 🏍🏴☀️
-
Rode to Hereford through Wye Valley to visit my friend in hospital, wonderful ride there and back, 220 miles fabulous sunshine. Unfortunately had a puncture in Hereford and had to stay over. Someone had put a 2.75 x 18 innertube in the back (furious) and it had burst, luckily while parked at the hospital.
If anyone is in that area, highly recommend D & R Motorcycles who repaired the loose wheel the next day, lovely people.
-
Glad you got sorted
D and R set up about 40years ago,Derek has retired, Ray is no longer with us, but the business is run by James with various colleagues
I used to use them for my MOT s,but with the advent of Historic I do my own,
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Had very pleasant 180 mile ride on the CB200 yesterday, and barely left the county
The Herefordshire VMCC organise
HOTE
Herefordshire On The Edge
as the name suggests, a run around the border,
4 cardinal checks,in-between lots of other places to visit, answer a question, various awards given to successful riders,
To qualify the bike has to be over 25 years of age
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260629/67466f14dfa574c67d78d15b36a9f5f8.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260629/ccbc881b4c19fab8109b17e2be932c27.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260629/e5caf809fb6b0ce58dd36e3564b344c6.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260629/1a7d674fa02d0c94bcad19e3aa048779.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
I'll have the Sunbeam please John👍
-
Waiting for a ferry across the river Rhine in Germany.
Glad we arrive here after the heat wave, 25c now and acceptable for motorcycling.
-
Waiting for a ferry across the river Rhine in Germany.
You could have crossed at Remagen, the bridge is still standing! ;D
-
A bridge too far!
-
Wrong film Bryan but still funny.
I thought it collapsed after a few days didn’t it.
-
Wrong film Bryan but still funny.
I thought it collapsed after a few days didn’t it.
Ya ya! But vee haf rebuiltz it! Actually my parents went there, all that remains of the old one is the guard towers, but there is now also a museum about the battle there.
-
Waiting for a ferry across the river Rhine in Germany.
You could have crossed at Remagen, the bridge is still standing! ;D
Could have also stayed at the Little Britain Inn Hotel, nearby Remangen.
https://www.thelittlebritaininn.com/en (https://www.thelittlebritaininn.com/en)
A missed photo opportunity...
-
Waiting for a ferry across the river Rhine in Germany.
Glad we arrive here after the heat wave, 25c now and acceptable for motorcycling.
We rode over the Rhine yesterday on the way back to UK. We rode down to the Alps on the Transalp, mainly spending time in Switzerland and the Black Forest in Germany arrived back up in Belgium tonight, then back to UK tomorrow. You're lucky the temperature has dropped. The temp was great up Stelvio Pass and all the other high Alps passes but otherwise it's been sweltering.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
-
Not a bad view to wake up to 😁
[attachimg=1]
-
That's a great trip to make Julie👍. I did the Stevlio Pass on the Jota a few years ago on my way to Bragenza, absolutely awesome. I did a similar trip to Switzerland a couple of years later on my Triumph ST1050 and warped the front discs on the decent! The Black Forrest is a hidden gem of a place to visit 👍
-
At Lerwick last week waiting to board the overnight ferry to Aberdeen.
Chatting with a lady riding a 900 Tiger on her way to Aberdeen for a service.
-
Very very nice
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Not a bad view to wake up to 😁
Cool as a mountain stream Julie! 8)
-
Some other Shetland shots for those interested.
-
Shetland looking great. 👍
-
Stunning!
-
Stopped off at the CB750 Four club rally last month in Bavaria on our journey to Shetland.
Some nice stuff.
Please click link below to view photo album.
Enjoy.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RC4xsFjDGHjznvdU7 (https://photos.app.goo.gl/RC4xsFjDGHjznvdU7)
-
Great variety of photos Skoti, thanks for sharing.👍
-
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260718/a35555087fc3c3026121dff74b56995f.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260718/e7ebdb18081e4c87b65de3c45b650b54.jpg)
Few more miles on the ‘Centura’ yesterday - just tipped over the 100 mile mark and going beautifully,
-
Looking great James and you can park directly outside the cafe to keep an eye on it👍
What is the story with this bike then and especially the paint colour and name?
-
Nice ride James, and yes, I think the name is interesting too!
-
Looking great James and you can park directly outside the cafe to keep an eye on it
What is the story with this bike then and especially the paint colour and name?
Sorry Dave - realised I documented the build on the US forum but not here. Not entirely sure why I did it there, but trying to document builds on two sites simultaneously can be a bit of a challenge.
The name comes from the Rickman ‘centura’ fairing the the bike was originally fitted with.
This was a UK bike that was listed on the found this time last year - was sold by the nephew of the original owner.
It’s an UK ‘74 K2, that had great ‘bones’, but needed a total overhaul. One of those ‘I’ll just get it running’ projects that quickly descended into a total restoration.
This was the starting point:
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260719/0c7b817aa3395dd0e68c62dae6f8cd3a.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260719/912f659cd53a689ff854095bc863cdf3.jpg)
-
Yes James I remember both the bike and your post now. There was some debate about the wheels fitted to the bike at the time, did you keep them?
Very nice job as always and a credit to not only your mechanical skills but also to your dedication to finding the parts to restore the bike. Love the paint colour, Honda missed a trick there back in the day 8).
I went to see my stored Rickman CR750 a few weeks ago up in Glasgow. Its a sorry mess and is going to take some serious elbow grease and a large wad to bring it back to life. Maybe after the NC30 who knows ???
-
Over in Austria for a coffee and cake to Bad Leofelden, then onwards to the old walled brewery towns of Freistadt and Weitra.
Decent temps in the low twenties for comfortable riding today, last week's heat wave with temps over thirty was way too much for comfort.
-
Out on my Norton this morning before the midday heat becomes unbearable.
I find that this old push rod twin gives more smiles per mile than my technically superior CB750F1.
-
I had the pleasure of riding my friend's 850 not long ago and was very impressed. Handled much better than my 500/4!
-
Used to sell them new, dont that starter make a lovely click!
-
I would buy one if I could afford it.
-
Used to sell them new, dont that starter make a lovely click!
Bryan,
mines is a MK2, so no electric starter, but I know what you mean about the MK3 models.
-
It handled better than a 500? Wasn’t sure that was possible tbh. It’s like an armchair on corners, love it. Never rode a Brit bike, which considering the amount of bikes I have ridden is some statement.
-
They were good handlers IF the isolastic suspension was adjusted properly.
Sold one of the last ones new and after 500 miles it drank oil, multiple strip downs later we found the rocker spindles badly worn(biult from spares?)
-
They were good handlers IF the isolastic suspension was adjusted properly.
Sold one of the last ones new and after 500 miles it drank oil, multiple strip downs later we found the rocker spindles badly worn(biult from spares?)
Aye Bryan,
you're correct about the ISO system, it needs extra regular maintenance as does the whole bike compared to my Honda.
But the rewards in the ride.
Heard it said that the heart and soul left the factory when the last ditch MK3 was on the production line, quality component suppliers were bailing out and stuff was being substituted from iffy sources.
Plenty tales of chocolate cams etc.
It was the Honda CB750 to blame for this of course!
-
For the solar eclipse, which was a little over 90% rather than a full thing over London, I went up to the Blackheath Tea Hut, it's on high open ground near the Royal Observatory in Greenwich and a bikers haunt as well. Things began to darken about 18.30hrs and got as dark as it would about 19.10 hrs. Long shadows were cast!
-
Very impressive. Such weird light.
I'm just writing to him upstairs to complain about the dramatic loss to my solar export income over that period! 



Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
-
I'm just writing to him upstairs to complain about the dramatic loss to my solar export income over that period! 



Further proof ICE engines must stay! ;)
-
Out for a gentle potter
And something refreshing
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260815/050d57a803f2ffb1dd00e7998e49b42a.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260815/df8461aeb4ada9bc881f3679e8374150.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Bike meet in Arbroath yesterday. A huge range of bikes including an Indian with Royal Enfield engine, never seen one in the flesh before. CB350F for sale if anyone interested.
-
Those Indian's with the RE engine are very rare.
I think the story is Floyd Clymer (of the Clymer motorcycle manual fame) bought the rights to the Indian name. He wanted a suitable engine for his new bike so he went to Royal Enfield who had just begun making the new Interceptor 2 motor and as their own bikes were not selling well they sold him the engines. Mr Clymer died soon after the bike went into production and there were a lot of RE Interceptor 2 engines sitting on the dockside waiting to be sent to the USA but of course the project was now dead. Rickman bought a lot of the RE engines and fitted them to the Rickman Interceptors, valuable and rare bikes now and normally finished in orange.
Mr Clymer also bought up a few Velocette Venom Thruxton 500 engines prior to the Indian RE project. The Velo engines were fitted into a bespoke frames designed and manufactured by Italjet.
-
Love the oil cooler and pressure gauge on that monster SS50.
Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
-
Compared to some on here this probably isn't very spectacular, but I had my first ride out on my lovely new Honda 400/4 today. Didn't go too far as she's had a complete restoration and a rebore, so I'm running her in.
Couple of minor teething problems, but nothing much. I just feel so lucky to be on a 400/4 again.
Stopped at a garage to pick up fuel and a chap said to me, your bike is beautiful mate and I don't even know anything about motorbikes!
Zero marks for photographic composition but I took this picture outside a local derelict chemical works. (Amlwch) Back in the day when petrol was petrol, it used to be part of the Octel group and I believe they extracted bromine from sea water and sent it to Stanlow at Ellesmere Port refinery to be added to petrol along with tetrahedral lead to improve it's anti knock qualities.
-
The bike looks great, don't know about the scenery! Glad you enjoyed yourself. ;D
-
Bike looks great! Of course that’s one of the fast ones, according to a well known contributor on here. 😂
-
Zero marks for photographic composition but I took this picture outside a local derelict chemical works. (Amlwch) Back in the day when petrol was petrol, it used to be part of the Octel group and I believe they extracted bromine from sea water and sent it to Stanlow at Ellesmere Port refinery to be added to petrol along with tetrahedral lead to improve it's anti knock qualities.
As a student I worked at Associated Octel in Ellesmere Port, they manufactured Tetraethyl Lead. I was in the process laboratory attached to the Castner Kellner Hall where they manufactured Chlorine cas. Circa 1967-68.
-
Doesn't it look fantastic 8). Johnny is 100% correct, well done for capturing it as you have done, obviously using a very fast shutter speed on the camera with it being a yellow one ;)
-
It's the only bike I've ever had where the speedo is showing 60mph when the bike is still on the stand. Incredible! ;D
-
It's the only bike I've ever had where the speedo is showing 60mph when the bike is still on the stand. Incredible! ;D
Yes I'm afraid there was a duff batch. Normally yellow ones show 3 figures on the stand 🤔😁
-
;D ;D ;D
-
Out and about today
Really enjoyable (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260824/276584aacb7028e3649a3af1f288b605.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260824/af5ba186103f69772133f22638dabee3.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260824/c90f6be518c0441f66c0315a4ab99837.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Went to Amlwch Classic Car & Bike show today. Sadly the weather Gods weren't in a good mood today as it was raining on and off. This no doubt impacted on the number of entrants. I did toy with the putting one of my bikes or cars in, but the forecast was rubbish, so I thought better of it.
However a BIG well done to the owners of these two Honda's and a Matchless who braved the elements and I thought them very worthy of inclusion here.
-
Love the little Honda 👍
-
Great Orange tank, fork & frame colour on the little Honda.😡
-
Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the front of the little Honda SS50, it looked like a anti dive mechanism. From the side the external damper looks like it connects to a link of some sort
-
Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the front of the little Honda SS50, it looked like a anti dive mechanism. From the side the external damper looks like it connects to a link of some sort
It looks like a suspension measurement device as used on some race bikes. A bit of overkill on the little jaffa cake. 😄
-
It must sound well noisy with what looks like no silencer fitted.
-
Out yesterday, enjoying some autumnal sun
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260929/48dc87a8424305bf66379d5422a7cb9c.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20260929/fd2ea02f8c1a51cfe32f149d31f8143f.jpg)
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Looking good, did you leave a lovely haze of blue smoke behind you?
-
Nice to get some pleasant autumn weather. This has not been a good year up in the north of the country. Lot of dry weather but seemed to be a lot of wind. Hopefully get an Indian summer yet.😜
-
Final ride of the season for me on my recently acquired R1150GSA.
Have hankered after one of these models for years after watching the long way round series all those years ago. It hasn't disappointed - bit of a marmite bike for some, but I love it.
The riding conditions down south were stunning yesterday.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20261006/07f6f1f75fd6765f6673ebcc9307a690.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20261006/e47ad7d559a260d1a1fa22401e4876b9.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20261006/ea2247c12d44a758c264b520663c3755.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20261006/d8bd1ee2209c1eefc45c67b876b44b75.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20261006/867f2c558d95fc92e6cd50547926bc71.jpg)
-
Wow James, is that the real mileage! It's very, very clean.
I always thought they were tanks until I sat on one, my feet were firmly on the ground and the seat was narrow at the front making them easy to handle.
Great bikes 8)
-
I've never seen a bashplate on a centre stand before. What is that protecting?
-
I've never seen a bashplate on a centre stand before. What is that protecting?
The cat
-
I've never seen a bashplate on a centre stand before. What is that protecting?
The cat
Is that the noise the bike makes going past? Meeeee-owwww!
-
Is that the noise the bike makes going past? Meeeee-owwww!
Usually, when it starts hissing you know it's going to let you down!
-
Wow James, is that the real mileage! It's very, very clean.
I always thought they were tanks until I sat on one, my feet were firmly on the ground and the seat was narrow at the front making them easy to handle.
Great bikes 8)
Sorry been away from the PC and didn;'t spot the replies (Tapatalk seems to be throwing a hissy fit for me at the moment lol). Thanks for the replies.
Yes the mileage is genuine - I wasn;t really in the market for one at the time, but this bike came up.
One owner plus me from new - it was basically ridden to/from BMW from new to be serviced annually and MOT'd. The original owner chopped it in for a new GSA and I effectively bought from the supplying dealer.
The condition is INSANE. It's literally like a 6 month old machine.
I intend to ride is sparingly, but it will get ridden - maybe 500 miles / year to keep the milage down/condition preserved. It's museum quality and by god is it fun to ride..
-
Although it was chilly out earlier today, (well, to be honest, it felt bloody freezing) the weather is still too good to think about putting Kitty into hibernation just yet 😁😁😁
[attachimg=1]
-
Kitty looks to be purring along nicely Julie and the colour certainly suits the sunshine:).
-
Nice 500 NJ.
-
Although it was chilly out earlier today, (well, to be honest, it felt bloody freezing) the weather is still too good to think about putting Kitty into hibernation just yet 😁😁😁
(Attachment Link)
Bike looks great :)
-
incredibly smart 500. I can't believe even the inside of the mudguard is clean and shining!
-
Looks lovely NJ
mine needs a good clean, out in the rain the other evening
BTW
Tapatalk was having issues
So I deleted and reinstalled, seems to be ok now
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
incredibly smart 500. I can't believe even the inside of the mudguard is clean and shining!
I take no credit whatsoever for how clean my bikes are, that's Triggers department. I hate cleaning bikes with a passion, I always have done. Saying that, I think Kitty has had 1 wash this year, what with the lack of rain and mud so far, she was more dusty than anything.