Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Athame57 on October 10, 2026, 08:29:12 PM

Title: Stubborn grips
Post by: Athame57 on October 10, 2026, 08:29:12 PM
I'm soon to change for the first time in eight years my handle bar grips. I remember the hell of getting them on then, anyone know an easy way?
Title: Re: Stubborn grips
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 10, 2026, 08:33:44 PM
If you're fitting the OEM ones like I stock, they should be pretty easy to fit on George.
Title: Re: Stubborn grips
Post by: K2-K6 on October 10, 2026, 09:10:33 PM
Clean bar and throttle grip with Naptha (tin of lighter fluid) and let dry, then slosh a little inside grip and straight on with in one surprise movement  :)

Usually not bad like that, and don't slip afterward.
Title: Re: Stubborn grips
Post by: Athame57 on October 10, 2026, 10:00:18 PM
If you're fitting the OEM ones like I stock, they should be pretty easy to fit on George.
Damn, I'm too late for that Julie, unless things go pear shaped with the ones I've ordered.
Title: Re: Stubborn grips
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 10, 2026, 10:19:42 PM
I used Wendy's Hair spray to make sure they stay in place, particularly for the throttle side.

I used Meths to clean the bars / throttle tube.