1
What is it? / Re: indicator mounts
« on: August 27, 2026, 03:00:18 PM »
All I can say is, there is Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream there.
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to. 1
What is it? / Re: indicator mounts« on: August 27, 2026, 03:00:18 PM »
All I can say is, there is Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream there.
2
Out & About / Re: What to wear?« on: July 15, 2026, 08:12:38 PM »
yep, that is a good sentiment and I agree with that.
The law says we Must wear a helmet and does not specify anything else. I would not have that changed, I like the freedom we all have to choose. 3
Out & About / Re: What to wear?« on: July 15, 2026, 06:45:19 PM »
I believe the following to be factual;
30mph is 44 feet per second, sliding up the road with just your skin for 2 seconds will get down to bone. Some roads are smoother that others so you may be lucky, I personally would not take that risk. Also, with the cyclist, I do think they are mad to be wearing lycra, both as a fashion statement, (who wants clothes that tight ) and as any form of protection.Sometimes, we people need protection from ourselves. 4
Out & About / Re: What to wear?« on: July 15, 2026, 05:09:13 PM »
I literally teach my CBT students
"Dress for the slide not the pride - Gear up before you ride!" I am aghast that any rider would go out in shorts and T-shirts let alone a mature rider. 5
Out & About / Re: Out and About 2026« on: May 22, 2026, 02:35:13 PM »
Out for a 50mile RoSPA run Round Helson-Marazion-St Just-Hayle yesterday and some stranger posted a ohoto of me on the RoSPA site because he noticed the 'vests' on some riders. So that's me in Marazion down here in Cornwall.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] 6
CB350/400 / Re: How many are thete on the road« on: March 13, 2026, 07:41:01 PM »
oh good, that means there is hope that I will find a Z750 L1 as those numbers were in the 'teens
7
CB350/400 / How many are thete on the road« on: March 13, 2026, 06:16:24 PM »
During my search to find a project Kawasaki z750L1 I found a website that claims to list the number of a specific bike type that are registerd at DVLC.
The last number shown (2024) suggests there are only 27 registered 400F (1) and 23 400F (F2) in the UK. Could that be correct?I would expect many more, like 200-300 LINK: https://www.stillontheroad.co.uk/motorbikes/HONDA/CB/CB400FIStill on the road in UK is a website with information provided by the Department for Transport in the UK More information: https://www.stillontheroad.co.uk/motorbikes/HONDA/CB/CB400FI 8
Misc / Open / Re: Road Safety???« on: March 05, 2026, 09:46:49 AM »
As I understand it these screens can plug into the canbus on the BMW and mirror the BMW screen as well as be controlled from the 'wonder wheel'. They are also much clearer to read and can display sat nav at the same time. Making it one screen to control them all.
9
CB350/400 / Re: Starting Mystery« on: November 25, 2025, 05:23:55 PM »
When I had a sometimes hot sometimes cold exhaust pipe it was a sticking (bent) inlet valve. Only found that out when I cleaned the pistons and that specific valve was tougher to remove.
10
CB350/400 / Re: Talking 'bout my wheels of steel« on: November 25, 2025, 11:12:06 AM »Lovely bike with nice newly rebuilt wheelsI didn't even notice those cables running wild there, thanks 11
CB350/400 / Re: Talking 'bout my wheels of steel« on: November 24, 2025, 09:15:30 PM »
Forgot to add a nice photo of my 'new boots' all laced up by me too.
12
CB350/400 / Modern Rubber-Tire Pressure« on: November 18, 2025, 03:13:17 PM »
Should I stick to the 400f Tire Pressure as stated on the bike or add more pressure to the tire (manufacturer recommendation) based on maybe they know the shape the tire wants to be?
13
CB350/400 / Re: Talking 'bout my wheels of steel« on: November 09, 2025, 04:06:39 PM »
So Now I have both wheels true and as I was expecting a 2 day sit in job I am surprised it only took me 4 hrs.
So, for the benefit of the internet search engines... I managed to true both spoke wheels for my 1975 Handa 400f usin the following guide. https://bikebrewers.com/true-motorcycle-wheel/ This allowed me to get the wheel vertical alignment very quickly by tightening or loosening the wheel nipples opposite each other on high spots. I also managed to fix the horizontal alignment by concentratiing on tightening the left set of spokes and loosening the right set of spokes or vice-versa to bring the wheel into true. After all that I just played a tune on the spokes to get them all to sound good. Now I just need new tubes and tyres 14
CB350/400 / Re: Talking 'bout my wheels of steel« on: November 08, 2025, 04:44:09 PM »
Well, both wheels have spokes however it turns out counting to four is way harder than you think!
15
CB350/400 / Re: Talking 'bout my wheels of steel« on: November 08, 2025, 08:07:42 AM »Yes, that will just about confirm that my front wheel had the spokes in the wrong holes, maybe that was part of the reason I could not unscrew the spokes. Off now to 'Miss one and skip three' |