Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Mark sharman

Pages: [1] 2
1
CB500/550 / Re: Owners handbook, tool kit
« on: October 19, 2024, 12:21:14 PM »
Hi both
Thanks for the information.at least I know what iam looking for and where to go.
Thanks again much appreciated.

2
CB500/550 / Owners handbook, tool kit
« on: October 18, 2024, 11:55:53 AM »
Hi All
I am trying to source an owners hand Manuel for my 550k0 1974 model.it did not come with one and I have no idea what it should look like.i have seen ones for K1 but not K0.has anybody got a picture of one so I don't make the mistake of buying the wrong one.
Also I need a tool kit with, I think it's a blue pouch with popper.
TIA
Mark

3
CB500/550 / Re: Throttle cable routing
« on: September 18, 2024, 10:40:04 AM »
Thanks Ted, all sounds Japanese to me. I need an interpreter LOL .My tec prowess is not great but I get there in the end.the joys of being an old git.

4
CB500/550 / Re: Throttle cable routing
« on: September 17, 2024, 10:32:20 PM »
Hi Steve just seen your post I took some pictures of my 550k0 throttle cable route before I dismantled it and the two cables go through the frame frome the left hand side over the coils.i tried to attach the picks but file size is too big.if you PM me with phone or email address I can whats app or email then to you.

5
CB500/550 / Re: 550 1974 which exhaust?
« on: July 08, 2024, 12:01:55 PM »
Thanks guys Delkevic seems to be the way forward.

6
CB500/550 / 550 1974 which exhaust?
« on: July 07, 2024, 07:46:15 PM »
Hi all
I need to purchase a new four pipe exhaust for the project.
Has anybody purchased the Delkavic pipes are they any good?or are the DSS version better?
Any advise experience welcome.
TIA

7
CB500/550 / Re: 550 k0 1974 rear indicator stopers/plates
« on: July 01, 2024, 04:20:07 PM »
Thanks Braynj
I've  been out in the Happy place today and made some brackets out of 2mm aluminium,  as you say nylocks is the way forward.taken the earth from the little crosshead screw holding the body of the blub holder inside the flasher unit and threaded the earth out through the stem.
Just need to paint it black and job's a gooden.the purest may wobble but you rearly have to look close to see the upgrade.

8
CB500/550 / Re: 550 k0 1974 rear indicator stopers/plates
« on: July 01, 2024, 12:59:15 PM »
Thanks for that information.I  did think this maybe the case,that why I thought I would refer to the forum.
I bought the stems ,rubbers and grabrail from DS(US spec) but they didn't appear to have the plates.I have found a Company in the States(4into1)on the net they have them $46.00 DHL deliverd .don't know if this is a good bet?
I think I might have go at making my own?how hard can it be to cut ,shape,drill two holes tack/weld a nut on and paint black. the earth I can run from inside the indicator it's self.

9
CB500/550 / 550 k0 1974 rear indicator stopers/plates
« on: June 30, 2024, 09:38:16 PM »
Hi All
Would anybody know wear I can purchase a left and right stopper plates with the earth wire for the rear indicators attached to the grabrail?
 Or if anybody has a spare set that is gathering dust and needs to go to a good home.
Thease were missing from my bike.
TIA
Mark

10
CB500/550 / Re: Brake pedal chrome or nickel plated?
« on: June 23, 2024, 05:59:05 PM »
I have a 1974 550k0 and they are original and chromed.

11
CB500/550 / Re: 550 k0 1974 information stickers
« on: June 20, 2024, 08:45:29 PM »
thanks steveW
They must of changed it for some reason who knows.

12
CB500/550 / Re: 550 k0 1974 information stickers
« on: June 20, 2024, 08:18:46 PM »
Thanks guys
SteveW
 did your bike come from Canada as my sticker is different as it has a black background top two thirds and a silver back ground bottom third? mine does look original,  strange!.
Deano400
 thanks for the picture it looks write to me. I will contact Piki and see if he can sort the battery breather pipe etc as well.
thanks all again much a appreciated
Mark

13
CB500/550 / 550 k0 1974 information stickers
« on: June 19, 2024, 09:19:29 PM »
HI all
Could anybody help me with the rear mudguard information sticker the top right and corner was missing and I'm not sure what it should read? CB550,CB550K .The top two thirds is black with silver letters, the final third is silver with black lettering advising tyres etc(Bridgestone) I think.
can you advise where to purchase this and the battery breather sticker/diagram which is located under the panel on the right side on the down tube of the frame.
TIA
Mark

14
Laverdaroo
That would be great if you have .let me know price and postage etc.do you require my email address?

15
need the plastic tool tray which is also the filter lid which also has the wire mesh and rubber oblong seal.
also the bracket that holds the ignition switch , which is under the tank on the left hand side bolted to the down tube of the frame.

Pages: [1] 2