SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB750K4 New project

<< < (3/33) > >>

hairygit:

--- Quote from: Rob62 on August 30, 2017, 11:14:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: AshimotoK0 on August 30, 2017, 10:29:24 PM ---Nice find ...That Asahi Denso filler cap is worth  a lot of money. The plastic lens always yellows but there is a clock glass on eBay that costs peanuts and fits perfectly bonded in with semi-flex ultra clear epoxy. Mine sold within 1 hour on Ebay for £100 to a guy in Japan.  I found  two dried up Idaho wasps  inside the crankcases of my '69 CB350.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info.... i knew it wasn't a std filler cap but didn't realise it was valuable... If it works ok I'll keep it, if not i may try to sell it. Hopefully there wont be any more wasps but im worried about the airbox and the headlamp bowl now  :o

--- End quote ---
It'll drive you nuts on the road, there is a plastic/resin float attached by a chain in the tank. As you ride along you get a strange clunking/thumping noise (depends on how full the tank is) that drives you nuts, caused by the float thing moving about and bumping the inside of the tank!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: hairygit on August 31, 2017, 07:30:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rob62 on August 30, 2017, 11:14:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: AshimotoK0 on August 30, 2017, 10:29:24 PM ---Nice find ...That Asahi Denso filler cap is worth  a lot of money. The plastic lens always yellows but there is a clock glass on eBay that costs peanuts and fits perfectly bonded in with semi-flex ultra clear epoxy. Mine sold within 1 hour on Ebay for £100 to a guy in Japan.  I found  two dried up Idaho wasps  inside the crankcases of my '69 CB350.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info.... i knew it wasn't a std filler cap but didn't realise it was valuable... If it works ok I'll keep it, if not i may try to sell it. Hopefully there wont be any more wasps but im worried about the airbox and the headlamp bowl now  :o

--- End quote ---
It'll drive you nuts on the road, there is a plastic/resin float attached by a chain in the tank. As you ride along you get a strange clunking/thumping noise (depends on how full the tank is) that drives you nuts, caused by the float thing moving about and bumping the inside of the tank!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Totally agree but for some reason the Japanese love em. The one they did for the Z1 is even more valuable!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vintage-Used-KAWASAKI-ASAHI-DENSO-GAS-CAP-K-7-Z1-900-Z2-750-H1-500-H2-S1-S3-400-/162625011445?hash=item25dd34bef5:g:eGMAAOSw66pZi4J3

Rob62:
Spoke to the DVLA a few days ago about getting an age related registration number. I told them that as far as I know Honda wouldn't confirm the age of the bike as it isn't  a uk model, as i had been told by DK and also on Honda uk website. I wanted to confirm that they would accept a dating letter from the vjmc before I shelled out for one. The woman on the phone told me i could use a vjmc letter but that i would also need to provide a letter from Honda saying why they couldn't date the bike...  she also said I would need the nova letter...although you dont actually need to send it, you just ned to know that it has been processed...

So today I called Honda UK to ask for a letter. I was surprised to be told by the customer services that if i send details of the model, the engine and chassis number along with a cheque for £30 they will provide the service.... thats not what i had expected them to say. So this afty i sent off the letter and cheque and will wait to see what happens.....according to them it can take upto 6 weeks.

Rob62:
Got a reply from Honda UK today. DK were right, they say they cant date the bike as its not on their database.... So now I can get the VJMC to date it for me. What I dont understand is why the customer services operator told me they could date a USA bike when in fact they cant, still at least I now have a letter from them to send off to the DVLA... Honda also sent the cheque back btw...

Nurse Julie:
Can I just ask, purely out of interest, if Honda UK can't date it, how do the VJMC date it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version