SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

CB750 F1 Shocking news. (photos)

<< < (3/5) > >>

paul G:

--- Quote from: Nurse Julie on August 10, 2018, 12:43:15 PM ---Never had any issues with quality on any TEC shocks. I fitted TEC's to my CB400/4 over 3 years ago and they are still perfect, chrome is good, no sign of rubbing anywhere and they give a great ride. I had Hagons fitted before the TEC's, nightmare, never again. When OEM shocks are not available I think TEC's are a fantastic alternative in both performance and looks, that's why we fit them to all our SOHC's. Also, having read through some of the posts on the link you gave, it doesn't sound like anyone actually spoke to Matthew Milburn at TEC about the issues, shame, as he is one of the most helpful and understanding people in the bike spares market.

--- End quote ---

Tec fitted on all 5 of my restorations and no issues to report (touch wood) ;)

Trigger:
Have used TEC shocks for years now, but not the gas type. Fitted to 8 bikes that i own and one of those bikes has done 23.000 miles with TEC shocks fitted and still going strong  ;)
TEC are not the same ones as Sliver  ::)

Spitfire:
I'm always amazed at different peoples experiences with the same products, one mans meat is another mans poison seems to be true.
Will have to put this thread in the memory bank in case I ever restart my F2 project, mind you the Hagons I fitted to my F1 in 2007 are still going strong and look like new, maybe the luck of the draw, who knows.

Cheers

Dennis

UK Pete:
Hagons are usually a safe bet often pricey though
I have tec shocks for a project bike but can't comment as I have not used them
I had a hagon mono shock as a replacement on a bike of mine it made the bike harder and totally altered the back end from standard not In a good way
I never realised how much suspension makes a difference

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

philward:
My ZZR1100D3's rear shock has just failed (leaking) and I'm just looking at replacement - was considering Hagon but in light of what Pete has just said, might look at YSS or have my standard rebuilt (about £130 I think)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YSS-REAR-SHOCK-KAWASAKI-ZZR-1100-1993-2001-SHOCK-ABSORBER-503/152944967268?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I have just fitted Hagon to the CR and will feedback when on the road in few weeks (got them new on an ebay auction for about £60)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version