Other Stuff > Misc / Open

DVLA Service?

<< < (2/4) > >>

SumpMagnet:
how many folk work at DVLA?

my guess....about half of them

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: SumpMagnet on September 28, 2021, 11:40:48 AM ---how many folk work at DVLA?

my guess....about half of them

--- End quote ---

Almost 5500 or thereabouts when I googled it so if you apply Prices Law there will be about 74 productive workers who do the majority of the work.

matthewmosse:
They can be awful, that my historic experience.  However the other day I was pleasantly surprised, when I returned my sidecar to the road I just paid the tax by direct debit intending to sort out the historical taxvthing next time I was in town, 3 months later I still hadn't been arsed but 3 letters arrived within days to inform me they'd noticed I'd paid tax on a historic vehicle, they refund the overpaid duty, and they sent out a new logbook with class changed to historic tax class and finally a cheque for £18.18p.
Dvla offices sound like a bad place to work during covid, some bod in central government decided thsg as long as they sat back to back, that social distancing need not apply, so they were hauled into work in the office and had a massive covid infection rate, like 500 off at 1 time covid positive. I reacon its basically a massive hell hole of beurocracy. Incredibly frustrating to deal with, probably as bad to work in.

fogrider:
A couple of months ago I sent off 4 of my older Hondas'  V5c's to ensure they were still on the system and, hopefully, get them classed as Historic. There's still one outstanding, two I had to fill a form in to claim those they had apparently lost.
For one, I got a letter telling me it was lost, before I had reported it lost. There was a direct tel number on the letter. I rang it, and was asked where I got that number from !!!

Then, Friday, last week,  I bought another bike from Earnshaws in Huddersfield. The V5c with my details in turned up on Monday morning,  that's half a working day !   That's excellent service.

Looks to me they are geared best for  computers doing the work. Stuff that arrives in the post  (apparently 8000 items PER  DAY ) go " into the system ".

I don't think I'd enjoy working there.

ka-ja:
I am 4 weeks into the wait for my 3 year license renewal, could not do it on line as they wanted a new photo and my old license as proof of who I am, 60 years with a driving license and I cannot prove who I am, as my passport has timed out and I no longer exist on computers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version