SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Honda CB750K5 Restoration by Royhall

<< < (2/79) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Looks pretty good so far - what is your predicted budget spend for the project?

Laverdaroo:
Well, in my rather under qualified opinon, that looks a great buy!
I hear you with the tank and panels but I'd be tempted to have a go at them, you might be surprised. Re the replacements, its a lot less work but I'd still be tempted. the motor looks pretty good and the casing issue aside, I think you've done rather well there, there is more there than when I bought my 550. A great starting point.

philward:
That looks good value to me Roy. My view is if you intend to rebuild to as new (ish), to buy as cheap as possible provided all parts are there - as all parts/mechanics will be rebuilt or replaced anyway so the cheaper the base bike, the better.
If that bike was cosmetically better - ie, standard intact exhaust but with rust and better paint work, you would still probably still replace them. Other bits would be the same.
If the purpose of the rebuild is to just get it to a tidy runner, then thats a different thing all together and the above doesn't apply.
Great buy Roy - I'm sure you will mint it and will be interesting to follow the build.

JamesH:
Roy I’ve probably got a suitable grab rail for a K5 somewhere so if I come across it I’ll let you k ow and send some pics..good luck with the restoration…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

heli_madken:
I bought a CBX from Flashback Enterprises last year, exactly the same process MoneyCorp transfer, delivery to Barrow etc dealt with a good guy 'Billy' this end who delivered the bike to me at reasonable cost. The bike turned up exactly as advertised, NOVA and taxes all in order so you have nothing to worry about there.

Looking forward to watching your progress

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version