SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Koni shocks - rebuild info

(1/5) > >>

Erny:
Bought set of these length exactly as OEM on my 550K1.

Before installing them, I'd like to perform detailed cleaning and thinking if it is worth to rebuild them. But don't have any info about even do not know exact type.
Also thinking to send spring for chroming..

Any advices, addtional info?

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Prepare to be shocked at the price of any re-chroming.

deltarider:
My Koni's are not chrome and - being a matter of taste ofcourse - I prefer the looks of the black ones. I guess it makes a black bike look faster. ;)

Erny:
Yes, in your case I would accept black too, but for my bike I think chrome would be better  ;)

Prices are raising in Slovakia too, but in 1-2 years timeframe will be even higher, so sooner the better..

Erny:

--- Quote from: deltarider on September 25, 2022, 09:26:32 PM ---My Koni's are not chrome and - being a matter of taste ofcourse - I prefer the looks of the black ones. I guess it makes a black bike look faster. ;)

--- End quote ---

Reopening this therad - yesterday I wanted to install them on my bike, but I realised that left ne has conflict with chain cover-guard (I forgot to make photos). Options I have are - remove guard (I do not want), modify my guard (cutting piece or using hot gun change its shape where shock is touching it), or the last option (I believe the best one) is to optain another used guard and keep mine as original when I want to return to stock.

Delta - how did you manage that? Maybe you have another type of shocks that donĀ§t have this problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version