SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Koni shocks - rebuild info

<< < (2/5) > >>

deltarider:
This is quite a coincidence! I was about to post two pics of Koni's with a question myself and maybe it will give you a clue. The other day I was refitting the LH side mufflers, when I saw something I had never noticed before: the clevis of my model Koni shocks are off center. I suppose I must have fit them correctly decades ago as they still function flawlessly. Erny, look at the pictures and maybe your answer is there. Oh... and I have no issues something is touching other parts like the chainguard, so if your Koni's are like mine I would twist them 180o. 

Erny:
Ahhh I see now - I have different shocks obviously...looks like yours have steel (chromed) body at the bottom (clevis). Mine are aluminium ones, much more massive. So, I need to look for another solution  :(

And I installed them correcty, there is no way to reverse it anyway - only one hole has thread - it need to go to wheel (bolt comes from pipes side). See pic in the beginning of this thread - this is outside side

deltarider:
Is there a number on yours?

Erny:
Need to check, but I did not spot any...

Bryanj:
Old Konis are difficult if not impossible to get parts for, the later ones you gan get parts from Ikon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version