Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Bizarre

(1/3) > >>

Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP):
Not knocking it but do have trouble getting my head around some things on this great site like saving money on wheel rebuilds buying guages to monitor the side to side variations of the rims and then a question about ridiculous over priced Honda points and buying shite pattern crap and then you wonder why they dont work right.Give me a break gents exactly where do your priorties lie?Looks good goes crap goes good looks crap?Can not understand some who struggle to keep all these fine bikes on the road (good for them) Then cheap skate on the more important stuff.Please enlighten me so I can understand you all.
Cheers
Bitsa

MikeM:
I have bought all Honda genuine parts.... expensive yes ...... does it fit right yes

I could not get a seat so tried the cheap route ..... did not work out .. so now recovered the original base

can understand the costs involved and we all have a budget but building this bike I have learned one major thing .... buy pattern and you take a chance ..... but some parts just not available

Trigger:
Understand? Does that include little old me? Bitsa, the world is full of different people (apart from Japan, where everyone is a clone) This is what makes this planet the way it is. You just see a different culture in Greece. If everyone bought OEM parts, you would struggle more to find them ;) It is just life.

Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP):
Mike
I was in your boat refused to pay more than 300 quid for a seat so took the same road as you blasted base resprayed and recovered and glad I did.Yes your right you pay your money and takes the chance if I can not get Honda I go without.Trig no, sounds your a pro and do this for a living so much harder.It would be so much easier if the dicks at Honda realised they started an era and choose not to back this up pratts.Yeah I know its life but still can not understand why manufactures can not get it right.Mike I know as I did I have a budget but I think that finished when I bought the exhaust system WTH cant take it with me bolloxs I am free.Missus will not agree to that but what she does not know dont hurt.Well thats my story.
Cheers Guys
Bitsa

UK Pete:
I am just about to take on the task of building my wheels, my reason for doing this is not to save on money but to get the pleasure of restoring a classic motorcycle and undertaking as many of the tasks as i can , most of my K0 build is as far as possible restored  original parts or NOS Honda parts where available, rest of them are from DS , and the usual sources we all use on here, i recon thats what makes this a good site where we all go to different lenghts and take different approaches to get the same end goal,
pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version