Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Bizarre

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ewan 500 K1:
scared to count how much I've spent on the cafe job ... but tried to go for quality and for OEM where replacing like for like .  Once I get finished I've got my 500 basket ase to start ... gonna take a different approach on that and absolute minimal spend I think

florence:
some people wish to restore, others wish to keep bike working.  Personally, I will even fit things from different manufacturers if necessary.  My bike has a horn from a Series Land Rover and the headlight is from a Jaguar 3.8 S.  The Ignition switch is from an Austin A35.  Anything to keep it working, recycling what is lying around in the workshop will always take priority for me. 

If people want to make their machine look as it did when it left the factory, I respect that too and good luck to them.  Surely we are all after the same thing in the end which is to enjoy these great and for me very cheap and practical motorcycles.

Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP):
One way of doing it.I on the other hand believe if you are going to do it do it right.
By the way I thought I was called Bitsa Florence.
Cheers
Bitsa

taysidedragon:
I guess I'm with Florence on this one. I like to personalise my bikes, so if it looks right, does a good job and doesn't cost a stupid amount of money, it goes on.

I can't get too hung up on Original stuff to the exclusion of everything else. Some things are better.  8)

UK Pete:
Yes i am all for  if it looks right, does a good job and doesn't cost a stupid amount of money type of bike, infact many of my bikes are like that
here is one a proper rat bike

here is another

these bikes just get whatever it takes to keep them on the road, however i also collect bikes for investment and  to restore for a hobby
it is more benificial to have these type of bike maintained and restored with original parts and kept in extremely good condition, that way i get a good return when it comes to cashing in on my investments, the 750 K0 for example will be show condition, and only used in dry conditions, i suppose its every one to their own thats what makes the world go round
pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version