Author Topic: Vesrah Gaskets  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Vesrah Gaskets
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:39:36 AM »
Something is going on with the Japanese! I have always used Vesrah gaskets for engine re-builds and find them to be the best. My stock was getting low so i contacted a number of suppliers to stock up again. All my contacts came back with out of stock.
Sent a mail to Vesrah in Japan asking for the whereabouts of vesrah gaskets in the UK and Europe. The reply was that they knew of no one stocking gaskets for old CB's but, i could order from them at a cost of $110 with shipping (but, a lot of what i wanted was out of stock with them). I explained that the cost was over the top and i would get my pant's pulled down by customs and VAT.
The conversation went on and i found out that they are not making gaskets for 1970's bikes anymore. To me this is against the Japanese way of business. Have the Jap's got too big for there boots?   

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Vesrah Gaskets
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 09:57:56 AM »
Thats Bad news, i have always had good results with Vesrah,what is your views on Athena gaskets
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:30:12 AM »
Back 'in the day' I always used NP (Noboru Packing -  Japan) gasket sets on all of my CB250's and 400/4's and I never had a problem with them. I have NOS sets of NP for my CB250K0 and CB750K0, when I finally get round to building the engines up  ::) . Any thoughts on these? I did get part of a bottom end  gasket set with the CB750K7 'Monster from the Swamp' parts bike I got, which was Athena and it did not look as good quality as NP or Genuine Honda.

Cheers ...AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »
NP and Vesrah were very similar in both packing and condition and we used both back in the 70's
Looks like we are going to be stuck with whatever we can get

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »
Vesrah is always my first choice and NP are second. I have always rated Vesrah over the Honda set.
Athena head gaskets are crap. Always had trouble with there head gaskets and would advise anyone thinking of using athena gaskets,to order a Honda head gasket to replace the athena one. Athena head gaskets are OK on a engine that does not have good pressure.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »
How about the NP head gaskets are they OK. I know that the 250k ones and 400/4 ones are because I have used them on serveral bikes but no experience using them on the early CB750. I have the extra 'O' rings to use with the head gasket in Viton, which I know ChrisR uses and I think he fitted to UK Pete's K1.

cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »
Ash, i am sure Bryan and i have answered that question ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 12:29:25 AM »
Ash, i am sure Bryan and i have answered that question ;)

The only reason I ask is that I thought I read somewhere that on the early CB750 (K0/K1) without the knock pins you should always use the Genuine Honda head gasket but on the 400/4 I never had any problems.

Cheers ... AshD

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
Just seen this thread. I am importing Vesrah Gaskets into the UK

If you cant see what you want on my site let me know and I will find it for you

Saisei-europe.com

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:39:59 PM by Saisei »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »
Nice to know Saisei.
I will be mailing Mr sato at Vesrah and ask him why he firstly states that they knew of no new suppliers of there gaskets in the UK or Europe and secondly that he did advise that Vesrah would not be producing anymore gasket sets for old Honda's.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal