Author Topic: Anyone got.........  (Read 1799 times)

Bodd

Anyone got.........
« on: July 15, 2014, 07:07:43 PM »
..........£22,500 to spare ?  :o

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone got.........
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 09:52:35 PM »
Its alot of money, but look what early  z1's and h1;s go for now, as commented on another post its only worth what someone pays,
although there are a few incorrect parts you have to admit it is a gorgeous looking machine
pete

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
Pete - not trying to knock the bike because I think it's lovely, but what are the features you've noticed aren't right?

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 11:22:09 PM »
James i might have this totally wrong, but i thought the chain guard on the k0 was the short version, the front guard double cut and the spoke nipples gold passivated, however it is a late k0 and so might have more in common with the k1 and if thats the case then it just shows my knowledge is not up to scratch, infact the more i think about it i feel i have this wrong and these features are correct for late k0, i must add that i dont think i will ever get mine close to such an immaculate bike
pete

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 11:39:28 PM »
 :) now if I could get that sort of cash for my five ko's id give up work with 100k in the bank ,but in reality only two of mine come anywhere close to that ,in fact id say my blue bike is better with brand new tank and exhausts that have never had petrol through them, a friend of mine sold a nice gold k1 for over 6k so the prices are creeping up at last. as you say  zeds have been pulling good money for years, perhaps its about time  8) we cashed in aswell

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 12:03:11 AM »
Sold by ' don't call me Freddy' recently . A John Wyatt 'Rising Sun' restoration. Don't know what the Classified price was though. Guess the paint will have been done by Andrew Parnaby, like mine ( in the unit next to John Wyatt)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB750-CB-750-K0-Diecast-just-276-mls-total-restoration-to-show-NOW-SOLD-/221492185151?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3391f6883f&nma=true&si=pxjihRtLO66UJlr%252BKPEmlgDBJJs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 12:24:34 AM »
The FFF classified price was £13,995....

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 08:04:50 AM »
The FFF classified price was £13,995....

8.5K WOW WHAT A MARK UP, i bet will (don't call me Freddy) will be upping his prices if that sells, the thing is Frank took a deposit on the 35 k sandcast and we were all poo pooing that so you never know , sometimes the market opens up and bikes sell for huge prices, then all of a sudden every one try's there luck at the big prices and the market settles down, if you command big prices the bikes have to be really special in my opinion
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
You are probably right Pete. Your missus will be well pleased with you  ;D  Maybe people are possibly buying them as investments, the recent pension reforms will potentially release cash to the guys who ' owned them in the day' where better to put that money for such a person. 

Wonder what the premium on a genuine UK bike is ?  Bet Steph will chip in on this one !

Cheers ... ashD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 08:40:13 AM »
Lots of the  1972 Z1's are going back to japan, and are really getting top money, i suspect a few cb's are also making it over there,
My missis thinks i have got a scew or two loose, she dont know the half of it, i spend most of my money on bikes and am now skint, i took out 4k from my ISA to fund the last bike i bought
however i recon i must have a few quid invested in bikes and spares, and most of all i am so happy and enjoying life, thats what its all about
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 09:52:45 AM »
Lots of the  1972 Z1's are going back to japan, and are really getting top money, i suspect a few cb's are also making it over there,
My missis thinks i have got a scew or two loose, she dont know the half of it, i spend most of my money on bikes and am now skint, i took out 4k from my ISA to fund the last bike i bought
however i recon i must have a few quid invested in bikes and spares, and most of all i am so happy and enjoying life, thats what its all about
pete

+1 on that Pete. The painter Andrew Parnaby told me lots of guys arrive to pick up their paintwork with the other half and he does some fancy footwork to disguise telling her what the price paid actually is  ::)

Bodd

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 10:11:58 AM »
The guy selling this is on another forum I belong to, when he posted it in the for sale section I upset him by telling him I thought it was too expensive and there is nothing funnier than a 40 odd/50 odd year old fat bloke trying to recapture his youth on a 4.5hp weed machine, his argument was that he is doing his best to keep these "bikes" (it's not a bike it's a ped) on the road and the price reflects the cost of parts, I asked which came first the chicken or the egg ? Are bikes expensive because of the price of parts or are parts expensive because of the prices people charge for restored bikes ? We all know that when you are restoring a bike that just because you spent a lot doing it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get it all back if you sell it, as for keeping them on the road there are no 16 year old's with £6,500 to spend on a moped so it is the nostalgia market he is aiming at and pretty soon the prices are going to keep some of them off the road, they will be sat in garages not being ridden because people will be reluctant to take such an expensive investment out onto the road, I also think the bike I posted the link to in the first post of this thread is way too expensive, bikes are meant to be ridden and I have a feeling that one is going to go to and from shows in the back of a van.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 10:15:21 AM »
Bodd
Way out priced you can get alot better for that kind of money.I would not worry about upsetting him he is one of greed motivated crowd.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »
He mentions a great investment for the future, certainly not in our life time, that is more outrageous than the sancast that frank sold
Having said that it is very nice, and who knows he might get lucky i had quite a few of them as a teen, people used to give them away then i think the most i paid for one was £30, oh those were the days
pete

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 12:29:30 PM »
 oh those were the days
Very True Pete they were
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal