Author Topic: Its time to come clean guys go easy on me  (Read 12915 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Its time to come clean guys go easy on me
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 12:19:44 PM »
I don't know how you guys find the time/money to do all these bikes, I am struggling along trying to get one bike done, but still get tempted by "bargains" on ebay and this forum! Pete your wife must be a saint!

Mick my wife is a saint, she has only come on board with the understanding the last couple of years or so, kids have grown up, i still manage to pay the bills  ,and so no one suffers so she realises if i am happy then she is
As for finding the time ,well i run my own one man business so can suit myself when i work, and like wise for the money, just work a bit harder when i need the cash,or in the case of this sandcast i cashed in an isa fund to get this, the return from the banks is so minimal i thought #@%$ it i will invest in another rare bike
dont tell me about tempted by ebay i am the worlds worst or at least was when it comes to buying evryones ebay shite, however i now just by the hard to get parts and NOS parts when i think they are to good to miss
oh and going back to finding the time, i am spending lots of valuable time on the forums  lately i need to get out there and stuck in ,but then this is equally rewarding coming on here and sharing banter with you guys, i am going back out to have a polish thats bike bits i mean
pete

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »
Pete, i thought you were going off to bid on the silver K1 :)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
No nice as it is i have a k1,
sad as it s i now have no money
pete

got your pm i will try and get photo's of fin damage today i will email you
pete

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »
Pete I am a driving instructor, so have to spend my money on cars, a f**king Vauxhall Corsa!! Could have bought several SOHCs for the same money!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 04:29:24 PM »
Your not fooling anyone Pete, it's clearly this pair that are doing all the resto work! (congrats on getting a sandcast btw)
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 05:53:08 PM »
Are you sure you've only got one.I bet it's been tucked in the corner all this time and you've only just remembered it.

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 06:35:47 PM »
Funny you should say that i have genuinly forgotten about a bike i have had in the past it remained in boxes at the back of my stash and i was going through log books and thought thats strange i thought i had 3 of the same bike it turned out to be 4

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 05:45:52 AM »
UK Pete's Sandcast - Investment.. or not?

The year 2055... Pete, wife & kids on their third downsize...  a tiny home, somewhere far away.  Single bedroom, (coz its the only dry spot) given over to a 1969 CB750 Sandcast ... IMMACULATE: just as it left the factory 86 years previously. Family sleeping rough in the living room etc.

Pete is sitting on a goldmine... he knows it... worse, they do too.

Mrs Pete, "C'mon luv, I'm fed up of bread & crisps & DVDs reruns of Eastenders... I've seen 'em all 1000 times. Sell that bloody bike... you know, that Sandy one that was gonna be our pension. Let's buy back our nice 'ouse and treat ourselves to cruises galore & a trip to Mars"

Pete. "No, eff off..."

The Rabbit. "Squeak.. after all them sodding years I've been there for you, telling where to drill, how to set up the carbs, wire bloody lights .... my back side is raw from buffing.....and this is how you repay me.. a life in the fucking Hebrides."

Pete. Kick..

Offspring Pete, "Shite dad, you're too bloody doddery to ride it, you're nearly as old as the bloody thing ... we could all come with you on that Mars holiday. Besides which, I'm fed up of gruel... you were meant to take care of us. Sell it. SELL IT."

Pete. "I've just told your mother & the rabbit.. NO!  Sod off. Over my dead body!"

Ah. ..."Over my dead body"... Nobody kid yourselves, this is no investment plan, pension scheme etc. It can only ever be a commitment, life long love affair whatever.
Besides, who in their right mind would not take such a thing to his grave....
Enjoy the 'adventure' Pete...

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 07:24:29 AM »

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
You have just got to be careful with NOS parts Pete as an investment. During one of the (many)  heated moments with my argumentative daughter she yelled at me " and you can shift that junk you put underneath my bed because if you don't I am taking it all to the tip". The junk was a 750 NOS front mudguard, NOS 750K1 seat and a new set of HM300 pipes? So I shifted them pronto into the loft ! What a cruel dad putting 'junk' underneath her bed  :-[

Cheers ... AshD

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 09:35:45 AM »
Now that is well funny, all my stuff is in the loft or round the side of the house , or all over the garden, basically everywhere but under the kids beds LOL
I forgot to answer your question of colour for the sandcast, it should be candy blue green, and my k0 should be candy ruby red, as you know i had my k0 done in the blue green because i liked that colour, but now i have the chance to use the blue green on the sandy and i can do another set in red for the K0 then its correct,  the dury is out on that one at the moment

pete

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 09:39:58 AM »
Wow that looks pretty tidy I want one now :-\
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »
James How do you keep finding them?
How many do you have now 20,25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rSsRuZ-rE

Mick 
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 10:42:33 AM »
Yeah have been looking for an original unrestored example for a long long time (like 4 years +) so couldn't resist this one....will post more details when she arrives from the states in a fee months...sorry for the thread HiJack pete...
Looks nice James and a very unmolested original so congrats on another nice find. I went the 'buy an original  UK bike' route but it's been a nightmare finding the parts and I am still looking for some of them and probably may never find them. UK supplied early bikes are generally well used during their early lives and fitted in the 70's and 80's with later model parts (mine had K2 seat, HM341's,K1 wheels etc etc) Oh and the crank was Sh***ed but surprisingly the top end was fine (usually the other way round).

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 12:06:16 PM »

Yeah have been looking for an original unrestored example for a long long time (like 4 years +) so couldn't resist this one....will post more details when she arrives from the states in a fee months...sorry for the thread HiJack pete...
Looks nice James and a very unmolested original so congrats on another nice find. I went the 'buy an original  UK bike' route but it's been a nightmare finding the parts and I am still looking for some of them and probably may never find them. UK supplied early bikes are generally well used during their early lives and fitted in the 70's and 80's with later model parts (mine had K2 seat, HM341's,K1 wheels etc etc) Oh and the crank was Sh***ed but surprisingly the top end was fine (usually the other way round).

Cheers ... AshD
Ash pm sent about a rolled rear rim for your k0..

Cheers James nothing received  yet and sometimes I seem to miss PM's people send me on here . My email address is   ashley at smartsolutions dot karoo dot uk   .......Ash

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal