Author Topic: Its time to come clean guys go easy on me  (Read 12914 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Its time to come clean guys go easy on me
« on: July 19, 2014, 09:27:54 AM »
Hi my name is pete i am obsessed with motorbikes, i have a huge affection for the 750 sohc bike in all shapes and forms
Here goes, i know many of you understand the passion and will support me on this one , but at the same time there will be many who will just not get it and poo poo it, 

Confession time
Guys i have bought a sandcast
there we go i feel better now thats off my chest
pete

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Its time to come clean guys go easy on me
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
Pete
Good luck to you.Hope you can afford to do it mate cos I hate hoarders big time
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
Top man james i knew you would understand, i will be starting a resto thread in a while
pete

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »
Pete, you are among friends, you do not have to justify yourself to any of us7 Old Hondas are an addiction, like alcohol or drugs, BUT, there is no "Motorcycles Anonymous" so we couldn't get "better" even if we wanted to! Looking forward to the first instalment and pics. :))

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »
Thanks hairy one,  resto thread up soon

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
Pete
Good luck to you.Hope you can afford to do it mate cos I hate hoarders big time
Cheers
Bitsa

OH!!!! the wife thinks i need to go on that programe hoarders next door, never mind it takes all sorts, i am sure you will like this one its a complete basket case and will be an interesting restoration
pete

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
Don't worry about what anyone says Pete that 'Sandy' will be worth more to you than any pension fund? Are you doing it Candy Blue/green or Ruby red? So you will be raving on about 9-hole clutch covers rather than 9-hole golf courses then  :D!
One of the other guys who bought a Freddy resto Sandcast , registered on the SOOC site a while back but not heard anything since from him.

Interestingly if you look on Vic World's Website at his testimonials (sounds rude), there is the following entry, Do you reckon that's 'Freddie'
“I put the bike on the lawn, and covered it with a white sheet. My friend is a judge at various motorcycle shows here, who came with his friend who owns a CB750 himself. I pulled the cover off, dramatically, to unveil the bike, neither said a word. They just looked at the bike, then they got closer… and closer… and closer, until they were on their knees! They never spoke for fifteen minutes!...they were pretty impressed.” Will D. (England)

Hope you do an excellent resto thread like you are doing for the K0.

BTW we need to badger David Silver to stock more Yamiya stuff !! Do you think they will ever repro the rolled rear rim? Evidently they do a repro wrinkle tank,which has got to be a real challenge. Kerry (KP) on SOOC reckon's it's indestiguishable from the Honda item (but not the paint).

Cheers ... Ash
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:50:41 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 10:49:02 AM »
Bloody hell, great... so is it a nice round 10 750's now?
Genuinely look forward to the progress reports - this one will be particularly interesting as such a historical / desireable piece.

More info Pete... its present condition... projected restoration time?

Good luck,
Simon

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 10:52:12 AM »
Thaks ash , i have been in contact with the other sandcast guy ,he is only 60 miles from me , when i gety the time i am going down there for a ride out  with mick (kettle750) on here to meet him, trouble is life is so busy for me at moment its hard to find the time to do everything
pete

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 10:55:04 AM »
Pete,James
The hoarder bit was not aimed at you lot.Did not make myself clear is was to the french who leave them to rot rather than do them up or sell.
I know here there is a k1 in bits sitting under a ton of logs and will not sell for less than 2 grand.I went to look at it and in this shed in the middle of nowhere its still there no attempt to clear so I could view it.Told him do you like sex and travel.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 11:03:26 AM »
Bloody hell, great... so is it a nice round 10 750's now?
Genuinely look forward to the progress reports - this one will be particularly interesting as such a historical / desireable piece.

More info Pete... its present condition... projected restoration time?

Good luck,
Simon

Simon no   i already had this bike when i had the count up, infact the resto is underway already  , i was holding back a bit in fear of getting flamed on the forum, but i am now realising i am amongs so many cyber friends who totally understand, and also i think it helps keeping the forum busy and friendly to do picture resorations , and of course my trusty companion will be assisting as usual

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »
Pete,James
The hoarder bit was not aimed at you lot.Did not make myself clear is was to the french who leave them to rot rather than do them up or sell.
I know here there is a k1 in bits sitting under a ton of logs and will not sell for less than 2 grand.I went to look at it and in this shed in the middle of nowhere its still there no attempt to clear so I could view it.Told him do you like sex and travel.
Cheers
Bitsa
Hey bitsa no worries i am sure your on side, it sometimes comes across the other way
pete

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »
I will never come clean ;)

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 11:56:29 AM »
I don't know how you guys find the time/money to do all these bikes, I am struggling along trying to get one bike done, but still get tempted by "bargains" on ebay and this forum! Pete your wife must be a saint!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »
Trigger i have pm'd you about fin restoration,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal