Author Topic: Why this forum is so much better than some of the 'others'  (Read 3411 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Why this forum is so much better than some of the 'others'
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:14:09 AM »
Got this response on SOOC re Yamiya Seats to one of my posts:  (they Don't do banter BTW Trig).

Quote from: CBman on October 31, 2014, 03:09:58 PM
"I totally understand Honda UK. Yamiya is para-siting on Honda engineers and brand. It is not legal to use Honda logo on their products.
I´m sure you will be also not happy if anybody else will use brand logo of your own company and will copy your products, or yes....?
Yamiya could be happy to not been producing Apple replicas. If so, top management will be just in prison, because Apple will not allow it."

Yes but if that's the case it should be a Honda WORLDWIDE ban not just us poor souls in Europe. Mr Honda would turn in his grave that we cannot get hold of the correct parts for our bikes. Copying is a sincere form of flattery BTW
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Why this forum is so much better than some of the 'others'
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:01:13 AM »
my last few posts on the forum seem to be invisible, they only seem to be interested in two and 3 digit vins on the sandcast forum, and if you post up anything to do with the 69 k0, your made to sit in the naughty chair facing away from the others and think about what you have said
/]

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 09:09:48 AM »
Pete
If they treat you like that why use it?Hope you dont donate to them for the upkeep
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 09:10:05 AM »
Love it Pete, I have been sitting on the naughty chair since i was 11 years old. I hate the false attitude of the world, if you have something to say it. This is why i have re-named Facebook, Falsebook.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
Pete
If they treat you like that why use it?Hope you dont donate to them for the upkeep
Cheers
Bitsa

I often wonder why myself, it is the only place to find real answers about the sandcast you just have to accept it for what it is,all factuall and no banter, when i open the site up i push the last unread post button and i swear i can see tumble weed blowing across the screen

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 12:22:18 PM »
maybe its because of all the help,and banter that flows !!!

and maybe ,we don't take ourselves so seriously !!
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »
Seriously John?

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »
The best forums have a good mix of knowledgeable members who are competent, and newbies who are not afraid to as silly questions and a few in the middle who can answer the bulk of questions. Keeps it interesting. As does a bit of banter, and or debate. Members building a few specials helps too keeps things fresh. Brings up a bit of debate about the best way to do something, otherwise it would become a production line forum - a kind of dry manual, no need to log in and chat, a load of answers set in stone.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 02:43:09 PM »
To be fair 'KP' on there (Kerry) and Steve Swan (the founder)  are better if you PM them. There is  a mountain of knowledge on that site too so it is DEFINITELY worth while being a member if you have a K0.

ChrisR (UK) is an active member but only posts real gems of info. (He has the Mcyl and solid brake line from the 'Brighton' sandcast Gold bike). He is acknowleded on there as being the aficionado on Sandcasts but has  real passion is for his 400/4's too (goes to work 35 miles every day on his 400/4 rain or shine) . Great guy Chris, had a chat with him at Lotherton Hall and the last Stafford show. He sold Pete his 750K1 which is  lovely unmolested bike, so Pete knows him too, as does Bryan.

The thing that I found amusing was that they jump all over ANY sandcast that's mentioned on there but went totally silent when I told them about the Mecum Auction Sandcast , that Davis Silver got for a song for his museum. I guess it was a big fish that somehow escaped theirs and VicWorld/Freddy/Frank /MrMonkeyClaw's net.  I deliberately kept any details from them until the auction ended because I want us to have a Sandcast in the UK that is on display for all of us to see. I gave DS as much info as I could on it's originality/value  but I am no sandcast expert and so glad it turned out to be a gud un for him. I reckon it's the best value original, low miles  sandcast I have ever seen for sale by a mile.

Cheers ... AshD
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:51:35 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 05:02:17 PM »
It is a good site , just emotionless,but factual
pete

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 05:03:41 PM »
They might be grooming you Pete, did they tell you not to tell any adults what they said?  ;)

Don't let on about the rabbit either.

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »
This forum is just the same as all the others, good people and bad people, I have had some good advice but I have also been told my 400/4 café racer build isn't worth it, that's why I now only post when I have a question the more knowledgeable can answer about the 400/4.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »
Howdy Bodd I have been following your build.
Not sure on the pipe but that's what I like about cafe racers you can stamp your own mark on them.

Don't hate me for it.
FYI the person that dissed your bike has gone so you can post on here again.

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 07:58:09 PM »
Who was the disser mick

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 08:00:35 PM »
As forum "owner", I have been following this thread with interest.

I didn't ever believe that the gentleman concerned would last long on here. He'd have been better off on .net trolling about gun laws and US politics.

Thank god this forum sticks to bikes (mostly)

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal