Author Topic: MOTAD ON FORUM  (Read 15886 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: MOTAD ON FORUM
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
That's not different. Steph has a set which were a one off.
But, i would say Ian that a lot of people are having exhausts shipped from the states. As Norniron was just one of many.

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 08:45:08 AM »
Ditto on "different" pipes. Lots of people doing cafe racers now. Good business?? Would be good to have a quality name like Motad we all know and trust, doing such work...
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »
I'd definitely be interested in something other than the standard style - will be keeping my eyes on what you could do for the 550F.

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »
CB750F1 and F2 down pipes would be a great idea, I was lucky enough to find a new Honda set for my F1 but with an F2 to do next some help would be appreciated, I do have a new Motad and  a new Alpha system in the loft but that standard look appeals to me.

Cheers

Dennis
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 02:32:14 PM »
I have a slightly oddball question, on 3 of my spare exhausts for the cb500 / 550 the 4 into 1 collector has rotted whilst the downpipes are still in good order, silencers are still ok. This is true of all my 4 into 1 systems, not just motad, not having a go. Where you could help is could motad make the collector section as a repair piece for owners to weld into place? If so at roughly what cost? Currently I gas weld them up as neatly as possible but it could be done neater with an all new section rather than patchwork.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Alimacdee2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 06:50:25 PM »
Welcome Ian...Nice to see Motad represented on here, my favourite exhaust maker!  owned a couple of motad systems love em, have been faultless, and appreciated your assistance with a minor alteration to a system I picked up on ebay! very quick service to change the diameter of a down pipe for me.

Ally
1970 HONDA CB750
2002 Ducati Monster 750ie

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »

;) are these the pipes are you talking about trigg? do you know what make they are? i had them with a cb750 i bought years ago ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 07:27:31 PM by steff750 »

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »
I think he was reffering to Steph550, one of our female members, she knew someone who made her an exact replica of the standard 4 into 1 for her 550F2 in stainless. Whoever did make them did a cracking job, but she hasn't been on here for some time.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
 :-[ OK thanks but id still like to know if anybody can recognize these pipes ? cheers matey

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »

;) are these the pipes are you talking about trigg? do you know what make they are? i had them with a cb750 i bought years ago ?
Yep, steph not Steff.
Never seen a set like that before. Someone could of had them made.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »
look I can only comment about motard back in the 70s I indeed fitted one to my k2 and had no problem fitted good sounded OK but it was the only alternative available at the time.Do not get offended but then as they were known as moturd as at 150 quid a go frackin cheap then but still a fortune compaired to Honda pipes.Listen I will only say this once double skin them so they do not go blue  and you will have a new client are you listening?#
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »
look I can only comment about motard back in the 70s I indeed fitted one to my k2 and had no problem fitted good sounded OK but it was the only alternative available at the time.Do not get offended but then as they were known as moturd as at 150 quid a go frackin cheap then but still a fortune compaired to Honda pipes.Listen I will only say this once double skin them so they do not go blue  and you will have a new client are you listening?#
Cheers
Bitsa

Whoa!! lets not  do a bikepusher on him mate  ;D  Agree with you on double skinning but don't know the manufacturing technique. Used to use double-skinning as a comeback on all my Brit riding mates at school/uni who used to call my bikes JapCrap
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 09:31:25 PM »
Ash
Yeah all my mates said jap crap too but that is one of the reasons I HATED BRIT CRAP.From new as I did the frackin pipes went blue b4 the oil light went off shit in my books.
Sorry if it upsets you but I for one will never buy crap that goes blue in less time that it takes me to smoke a fag.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »
On the other hand most of my budget commuter bikes have wound up with motad systems, often oem no longer available. Few alternatives. I have only had one motad system rot out, in over 10 years of running some pretty rough old bikes in all weathers and with a habbit of buying used systems off ebay. I have yet to see a motad downpipe that is badly corroded. The coulor change actually looks quite good. The prices are probably what has kept me biking for so long. In fact I only did the car test aged 31, up til then it has been bikes all year round and motad exhausts have been dead handy for keeping my bikes on the road. Goes blue quick, lasts a very long time - sounds a reasonable compramise.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
Yeah you have some good pointers but like I have all ways said if you make some replacements put some effort in to it do it right or dont do it.Sorry I have no time for that will do merchants
Quick bucks and you lot suck it
Cheers
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal