Author Topic: 400/4 swing arm bushes  (Read 9374 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: 400/4 swing arm bushes
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »
All I mentioned was a bit of rubber tube and  a good potential source for it for  Gawds sake!  When I was a kid and the local chemists twigged that the Potassium Nitrate I used to buy from them was not 'For my dad's garden, miss', a friendly nurse stepped in and got me Potassium Permanganate instead, as the hospital used it for treating old bod's feet or something. The 'flowers of sulphur' and charcoal were readily available, so no worries there. Problem was that the Pot. Permanganate made an unholy purple mess everywhere so I was quickly banned from using that too  ::)

I bet Julie had dealt with much worse banter than she gets on here. We all get a bit of banter chucked at us on here male or femail. Some bug*er on here even accused poor old Ashimoto of being a mad scientist type  :(    ..... Must dash there's thunder and lightening predicted and I have a tall fella in my gararge who needs a fix and I could do with the bolts back I used in his neck, cos I need em to hold on my HM300's  ;D

That's another great point about the 400/4, it was ideally suited to girls as well as boys. There are quite a few females with 400/s who post on DS's FB site. why did Honda have to replace it with the ugly piece of crap the 400T?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:48:29 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »
All I mentioned was a bit of rubber tube and  a good potential source for it for  Gawds sake!  When I was a kid and the local chemists twigged that the Potassium Nitrate I used to buy from them was not 'For my dad's garden, miss', a friendly nurse stepped in and got me Potassium Permanganate instead, as the hospital used it for treating old bod's feet or something. The 'flowers of sulphur' and charcoal were readily available, so no worries there. Problem was that the Pot. Permanganate made an unholy purple mess everywhere so I was quickly banned from using that too  ::)

I bet Julie had dealt with much worse banter than she gets on here. We all get a bit of banter chucked at us on here male or femail. Some bug*er on here even accused poor old Ashimoto of being a mad scientist type  :(    ..... Must dash there's thunder and lightening predicted and I have a tall fella in my gararge who needs a fix and I could do with the bolts back I used in his neck, cos I need em to hold on my HM300's 

That's another great point about the 400/4, it was ideally suited to girls as well as boys. There are quite a few females with 400/s who post on DS's FB site. why did Honda have to replace it with the ugly piece of crap the 400T?

Yes Ash, the banter on here is lightweight up against what I have had to deal with face to face over the years as a Nurse. I also have very close connections with the Motor Trade and over the past 30 odd years have had to deal with Men on a very regular basis, take it from me absolutly nothing can shock or upset me and if anything I am usually the instigator !!!.  :-* :-*
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »
Going on DS's Facebook to appeal for  more 'gals to join us on here. One of his staff Jacqui  .. nice lady just awarded me a free 400/4 teashirt !  ... is a biker and there are quite a few others, so fingers crossed.

Cheers ... Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2014, 10:41:56 AM »
Going on DS's Facebook to appeal for  more 'gals to join us on here. One of his staff Jacqui  .. nice lady just awarded me a free 400/4 teashirt !  ... is a biker and there are quite a few others, so fingers crossed.

Cheers ... Ash
One instigator is enough ;D ;D ;D 

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2014, 10:45:38 AM »
DONE!

"Appealing for more ladies (of course men too) to join us on SOHC.co.uk forum. Lots of friendly advice and good humoured banter. I am a member of a lot of those bike forums, owning fours and twins but there is something a bit special about this one. David has been kind enough to answer many part/supply related things via myself on there and you never know, a member may have that elusive part you are looking for, If you want to join, then introduce yourself here and don't forget to mention me AshimotoK0! http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/board,112.0.html"

Offline Nurse Julie

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2014, 10:48:21 AM »

Cheers ... Ash

That sounds good Ash, hopefully enough ladies will join the forum that we can gang up on you gents and keep you on the straight and narrow.  ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2014, 11:19:07 AM »
There will be trouble.
I employed two woman engineers at one time. The boy that did the engine cleaning complained about sexual harassment and one day on the front counter a gent came in asking to speak to a engineer. One of the woman that was running the front counter that day replied," You are speaking to a engineer". The gent said, I want to speak to a male engineer. That gent got such a big mouthful from the female engineer that he quickly crawled back under his stone.

Offline Nurse Julie

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2014, 11:49:49 AM »
Well done that girl, I would probably have given him a slap as well  ::). Personally I can't understand why men make assumptions, makes them look really silly.

Back to bikes. Soaked swing arm bushes in oil overnight as suggested by Hairygit, just fitted them, lovely, all nice and shiney and new. There was a little bit of wear on the old ones but I don't know enough to say if it would be considered normal or not, anyway, I'm pleased I changed them  :-* :-*

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
just a picture of a girl,and a bike,

just to prove Julie is not alone
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2014, 06:53:33 PM »
Thats french and its for sale on ebay.fr now are you sure its not just a model promoting the bike?On the sister site look at bikes and babes or is it the other way round cant remember seen chicks like those every where ;)Yeah course I have loads
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2014, 07:58:03 PM »
Thats french and its for sale on ebay.fr now are you sure its not just a model promoting the bike?On the sister site look at bikes and babes or is it the other way round cant remember seen chicks like those every where ;)Yeah course I have loads
Cheers
Bitsa

It's a promo shot from early on, she's a singer. Those bleedin Froggies got Sandcasts and we didn't ! Grrr.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal