Other Stuff > Interchangeability

CB650 comstar interchangeability

<< < (2/4) > >>

ka-ja:
here is a pair of comstar hubs fitted with "Café Racer bits" stoved ready for spokes and rims

Bryanj:
I remember when the F2 was current a firm made adaptors as new comstars were expensive. Worked OK but looked krap

SumpMagnet:
So those converters are basically 2 discs bolted to the hub centres where the Comstar 'spokes' bolt...giving pierced flanges for the spokes? Interesting...but not for my F2. I like the Comstars I have, but it is interesting to see what can be done. I had no idea these kits existed

Maxcaddy (Nighthawk):

Neither did I  :D

But are all Comstars (Hubs) the same ?, i.e. Is a 19" Reverse Comstar the same as an 18", is a single disc (Hub) the same as a dual disc, and is a 'normal' axle hub the same as a leading axle hub ?.

I had a CB650Z (old type Comstars), and have a CB650SCC and I'm fairly certain the spindles were different.

Any Comstar experts available ?  :)

ka-ja:
just remember while mulling things over, "cafe racer kit" were originally for cx500's and later on I seem to remember superdreams were added to their lists, my use of the adapter "discs" was to obtain a 18in front wheel with twin discs, the easiest way I could, starting with a 400N front end

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version